Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
When I was in the military, if you were at least an E5 grade, and qualified on a weapons system you could sign one out on Saturday and have a high old time at the range. Last one I shot was a M60. It was all fun until it came time to clean them. But that was a pretty normal thing on Saturday to head to the range. It was alot of fun. Even if you only just showed up with you M16, there was bound to be something there someone would train you on and let you shoot.

Once in a while they would do a live fire night exercise. When you get (20 ) M60's all rocking at the same time at night, its quite a sight. What always kinda amazed me was just how many tracers would ricochet straight into the air. It always made me think because the tracers were the only the ones you could see, so,,,,,.

One time we a cut pretty nice size tree down with a M2 50 cal, We called it the "Paul Bunyon" contest.
The one nice part on the M2 was all we had to do was clean it, and didnt have to put them back together. They insisted that the armorers do that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts