Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well.......greetings to all you Ruger fans. I started my Ruger collection back in the 70s and have owned 16 so far. I'm a machinist (self taught)and I design custom bike bike parts too.I live in a rural area and legally shoot my guns right in my own backyard. I've got a 3 axis milling machine with digital readout....nothing special.....no CNC. I also have a lathe and I polish metal too. I'm a big fan of modern and durable materials like polymer and stainless steel. Ruger strength and durability appeal to me. My favorite Rugers are my KP 90., 22-45 (early model), and 10-22 Target rifle .......the .22s are stainless models.........man I LOVE stainless steel. I have some technical/engineering school training from military service. I have a BS in Business Admistration (finance) From UC and I also have a Law Degree. For years I've been a wannabe mechanical engineer.......my father is one, and much of his life as an ME was spent in Aerospace. I enjoy technical discussions and analysis. I think Rugers are fabulous firearms. Well.....that's enough about me........glad to be among you, MACHINISTgunner.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
Welcome aboard! Glad you're here. Make yourself at home and enjoy the Board. You and I think alike about Rugers and Metal. Every new gun that I've bought in the last 20yr has been stainless. I also have the P90DC, 10/22, and 22/45 in stainless. Haven't had any problem with the durability of Rugers Polymers either. You'll fit right in here as a Ruger Fan. :D

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Welcome from Louisiana. Glad to have someone with your expertise on board. I'm sure you will get questions. Hope to hear from you often.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
quote:Originally posted by KP97DC

Welcome aboard! Glad you're here. Make yourself at home and enjoy the Board. You and I think alike about Rugers and Metal. Every new gun that I've bought in the last 20yr has been stainless. I also have the P90DC, 10/22, and 22/45 in stainless. Haven't had any problem with the durability of Rugers Polymers either. You'll fit right in here as a Ruger Fan. :D
Looks to me like you run a first class site.......I tried to join the "other site" but either I screwed up (computer newbie)or they did.....but I'll be sticking here for sure.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
quote:Originally posted by jimbo1096

Welcome from Louisiana. Glad to have someone with your expertise on board. I'm sure you will get questions. Hope to hear from you often.
Technical info/questions/.........techniques....what works.....what doesn't......these are interesting topics and so VERY useful as well. I'm looking foward to LOTS of discussion. I've already learned a bit about Ruger polymer from member Coffee Pot. I'm not really a pistolero....I like pistols (much more than revolvers) because they are MACHINES. But it's cool to be able to stand in one place, pull a trigger, and make something happen downrange. And guns are good and needed for self defense too.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Welcome from Texas!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Welcome from Minnesota!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Welcome from NTex...glad to have you...sounds like you've been enjoying life bigtime...I like SS too....yeah, we have all the info and sources and stuff...and a bunch of opinions...(they're free and often uninvited:D;))...you're gonna like it here!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.