Ruger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a month ago I bought a new EOtech 512, mounted it-turned it on and learned that these are not for those with astigmatism: I see pixels with teeny weeny little tails on them, shooting buddy sees only a perfect outer circle with a perfect red dot so the 512 has to go.

Additionally the gun-short barrel 9mm- has far more capability than I had thought so I will be getting an optical scope but need input; 2-6 X at least 32 mm ?

·
Registered
673 Posts
a month ago I bought a new EOtech 512, mounted it-turned it on and learned that these are not for those with astigmatism: I see pixels with teeny weeny little tails on them, shooting buddy sees only a perfect outer circle with a perfect red dot so the 512 has to go.

Additionally the gun-short barrel 9mm- has far more capability than I had thought so I will be getting an optical scope but need input; 2-6 X at least 32 mm ?
I was more fortunate. Several years ago, a friend let me shoot his AR with a red dot scope. No matter how I adjusted it, I could not get a round dot. As you describe, I saw a red comma. As a result, I have all optical scopes.

Here are some options for you to consider:

Leupold VX-3 2.5-8x32mm Handgun Scope FREE S&H 66615, 67825, 66620. Leupold Rifle Scopes.

Results for pistol scope - OpticsPlanet

These are my recommendations, based on having owned many scopes in many price ranges.

If you can afford Leupold, buy Leupold!

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
slowshot, tnks-interesting you should post about pistol scopes as I was looking at them, the short tubes appeal to me but wonder about eye relief?

·
Registered
506 Posts
a month ago I bought a new EOtech 512, mounted it-turned it on and learned that these are not for those with astigmatism: I see pixels with teeny weeny little tails on them, shooting buddy sees only a perfect outer circle with a perfect red dot so the 512 has to go.?
Give it back and get your money back. Eotech is recalling all their sights May be something you should look into. Do some research and check it out.
'

https://www.okshooters.com/showthread.php?221725-Eotech-Refunds-for-full-Purchase-Price

·
Banned
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bayern, appreciate that heads-up sent an email in and got the return approval in less than two hours.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I too have astimatism and had the same problem with my Eotech. Adding the magnifyer solved the problem. Now it works perfectly.

Chip

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have astigmatism in my right eye. I have a Vortex Sparc 2 and the Vortex Venom reflex sight.
Thru my right eye only I see outlines of states,comet tails and other shapes.With both eyes open I get a good dot on low intensities
I took a picture of the dot with my phone and it was a perfect 3 moa ROUND dot.
The perfect camera lense doesn't lie. My aging eyes do!
After sight in, as long as I put whatever red thing I'm seeing on the target it works really especially happy considering the reasonable prices of these items and the fact that they supposedly have excellent warranty service which I hopefully won't have to use

·
Registered
2,282 Posts
snubby, I used EoTech's before I got out of the Army, my eyes were better then. I bought an EoTech for an AR about 7 years ago, and had the same experience as you. Really fuzzy reticle. I got rid of it and bought an ACOG. I have found though, that I can use other red dots and they are fine, reticle is pretty sharp. Try an Aimpoint, or Burris FastFire III.
That short barrel 9mm might be accurate, but it's not a long range rig. I'd try a red dot that you can see clearly, rather than scoping it. A dot is faster to pick up the target and much better in low light.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts