Ruger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an old model that my wife and I use quite a lot as a woods pocket pistol for snakes, etc...and that little 'cat is really handy!

I was quite pleased when Ruger brought the model back and even more so when it was announced, I believe initially, that there would be a convertible available. As I understand it, a few were even made and then production apparently stopped.

The .22 mag cylinder made sense to me. Does anybody know why Ruger decided against it for the Bearcat?

·
Registered
677 Posts
Pressures, timing, old parts,new parts, we will never know just "why" they stopped , but they did and the few that are out there, (they were recalled and quite a few went back ), or the 22 mag cylinders "returned" for a 'rebate/voucher' of around $40, so what the number is of the remaining ones is a "guess", but makes them quite collectible to say the least.
There are 22 cal. 'Mini mags' shotshells available for the 22's but at too close a range, they do not have time to "open up/expand" magnum or not..................

1 - 3 of 3 Posts