Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 10/22 that I got a couple of weeks ago and I am having a problem. The little pin that holds in the mag rellease in keeps falling out every time I remove the stock to clean it. It did this the very first time I disassembled the gun to give it it's first cleaning before shooting. How do I stop this from happening? It has the plastic trigger assembly. Any suggestions welcome.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I had the same problem, so I used a pair of vise grips and put a very little crimp on one end and touched it up with cold blue. Don't overdue it. Holds in now, but will come out when pushed with a punch by hand.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A friend of mine told me today to try putting a small drop of blue Loc-Tite on one end of the pin and put it back in and wipeoff any excess. He said to make sure I only used a small amount. So I will report back in a few days and give you a report.

·
Registered
148 Posts
It has the plastic trigger assembly. Any suggestions welcome.
Plastic??? since when? Mine is aluminum, course I got it back in the 60s....

·
Registered
76 Posts
By "tapping" the pin on its side at both ends just inside the trigger group will "fatten" the pin.

·
Registered
67 Posts
You can use pretty much anything such as a drop of Elmer's glue, nail polish, lock tite, even a small piece of tape. Sounds like a PITA issue more than mechanical. Be careful if you decide to peen the ends over. Make sure the pin is supported on the back with something solid like another hammer or a vise anvil before you get out the hammer or else you'll be looking for a new trigger assy.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I used a small drop of Blue Loc-Tite on the tip of the pin. So far it has held the pin firmly in place. I don't think it will be any problem getting it out in the future if I need to. Thanks for the help and suggestions.:):)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mine fell out and I didn't notice, so when I put the mag in the g\mag release popped out and now my magazine is stuck, getting a headache trying to figure this out.

·
Registered
2005 Nissan Titan
26 Posts
Ruger's customer service is great, tell them what is going on and they will send you a new pin.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It doesn't matter. Just put it back in. If it really bothers you put some painters tape over the pin to hold it in place or buy a set of enlarged trigger group pins

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
I got the same problem with mine when I first go it, I just used two tiny pieces of scotch tape on both sides. Quick and painless.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts