Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find a new clip for my Ruger President rifle in the 22/250 cal. as the one that came with the gun is no good by any means- PLASTIC!!!!

·
Cat Herder
1,626 Posts
Are you talking about a Ruger Predator? What model is it? Or post a pic of the mag so people can provide more help.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,654 Posts
Clip? President rifle? Many magazines are made of polymer. What issues are you having with yours? As Spiff posted above, please specify your model (pictures help) and give details of the problem.

·
Army CW3
1,074 Posts
Welcome to rugerforum.net from an Old Soldier in Olympia, WA; in the Great Pacific Northwest! HOOAAAHHHH!!!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'm surprised that no one has offered a distinction between what a "clip" is and what a "magazine" is . . . . . .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no Ruger American it won't feed shells into barrel, & if a shell gets kicked up into barrel the bolt won't grasp the shell to ejeck.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I dont know about the feeding issue, but if the rounds wont extract once in the chamber I dont think that is a magazine problem. Please dont take this the wrong way, but f your having feeding and extracting issues at the same time please check to make sure you haventy mistakenly loaded up the wrong ammo.

·
Cat Herder
1,626 Posts
Pictures would help, as well as an exact model number of the rifle.

It sounds as though there is an ejector or extractor issue. Both can cause trouble feeding and ejecting. If you manually load a round with no magazine in the rifle I'm assuming it still has trouble extracting?

As far as the plastic goes, many of the most popular AR mags are plastic, and the most common pistol mag (Glock) is also plastic.

·
One Star
9,629 Posts
Welcome.........:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for the welcome, as far as my rifle troubles I guess I'
m going to bite the bullet & see a gunsmith. I want to use the 22-250 to go Coyote hunting.

·
Registered
37 Posts
It's a Ruger, call ruger and they will probably fix it for free, unless someone has tampered with it it sounds like some kind of defect.

·
Corps Commander NGV
4,654 Posts
Please give us information. Have you cleaned the chamber thoroughly? (The part of the barrel the cartridge goes into) Are the rounds you are trying to chamber factory ammo? Does the caliber marking on the ammo box exactly match the caliber stamped on the barrel of the rifle? If you have answered yes to these questions, you might want to take the unloaded rifle to a gunsmith or knowledgeable person for a look over. Ruger customer service will fix it if there is a defect with the rifle. The .22-250 is a devastating coyote round. I hope you are shooting your American rifle soon.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
I'm surprised that no one has offered a distinction between what a "clip" is and what a "magazine" is .
And that is a good thing, because their ignorance would be showing.

Gen. George S. Patton referred to a soldier putting a "clip" into a 1911. WW2 veterans used "clip" where small minded elitists today use "magazine." But what do Patton and the WW2 veterans know??

Even Webster's dictionary:
also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm

·
Registered
124 Posts
If it's the rotary magazine as in the Predator shown here:

.. then email or call Ruger now and ask for replacement. They should replace the mag for free. I have a couple of Ranch rifles with rotary mags and I had to tweak a couple to get them to work.

No one I know of other than Ruger makes rotary mags for 22/250. There is an Australian company (Lucky Thirteen, Straight-Fit Centre Fire Range ) that makes its own mags for SOME caliber replacements (but not 22/250), but hear they are very hard/impossible to obtain in U.S.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts