Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Your new Ruger Semi-Auto should have came with this gizmo...

It is a magazine loader. It goes on the magazine when reloading it.

Apply downward pressure...

Slide next round into magazine...

Lift reloader up...

Push the new round all the way into mag...

Repeat until mag is fully loaded.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I bought one as I shoot a lot of .45s,and my old tender thumb was getting sore. Golden years,yea right more like rust to me.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, first off, Welcome to the Forum... Make sure you stop by the New Members forum in the Tavern and introduce yourself.. and once again, welcome to RUGERFORUM.NET...

·
Registered
37 Posts
quote:Originally posted by white dog

I use the plastic ones you can get at the gun shows, a real thumb saver especially on the 15 and 13 roundres in 9 mm
Ditto on the plastic ones. I bought a few for the kids and I for .22 MKI and MKII's plus the bigger bores. The only way to go.

I used one yesterday.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
they are handy for sure, I load up my mags the night before I go to the range, while watching John Wayne

·
Registered
23 Posts
You can buy extras from Ruger or Numrich gun parts.... I've got about 3 extra's... one in my range bag... one in my gun cabenet with extra mags and one in each of my ammo boxes of 9mm.

·
Registered
85 Posts

·
Registered
396 Posts
I feel like Mr. Dumb A_ _ ! I thought it was something that was to be used with the lock. I have always used the plastic ones of these double stack mags......Now that I look at the thing....of course...of course !!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
First P97 I got had one-I was clueless, too....just wasn't used to modern conveniences!!!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Well Mr. Dumb A_s went to the range ....I used my "Iron Mag Reloader".....it worked just great! I am sure glad that my P95 came with stainless mags though............

·
Registered
17 Posts
quote:Originally posted by USNCHIEF

I feel like Mr. Dumb A_ _ ! I thought it was something that was to be used with the lock. I have always used the plastic ones of these double stack mags......Now that I look at the thing....of course...of course !!!
HAHAHA Im laughing with you really I am !
Im glad you found use for that thing :)

I had a p89 years ago that came with one, and I cant remember how I knew what that was for ,maybe the guy told me or something.

·
Registered
219 Posts
You know I have an older Beretta Jaguar 22 that I have loved for years. But I can't find a reloader or auto loader for the mags and rip my thumbnail up every time I load it. I love the ones that came with the 345 and 95.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Picked up my S&W M66 to go to shoot one Sunday afternoon, and after about 20 rounds-the trigger pulled double-action-the hammer and cylinder din't do nuttin'!!! I went to work that night with my Combat Commander in my duty holster---anything made by man can go thub....for CCW permit holders...that's the best argument for carrying a backup-if we need it-we ain't got nary a radio to call the cavalry...it's us and the BGs-usually to the conclusion of the action...give that some thought....and a back-up and a few reloads don't seem near so heavy.....

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
quote:Originally posted by KP97DC

quote:Originally posted by cyrille

Oh give me a revolver home, home on the range No Jams or sore thumbs either!
Revolvers can jam too.
Only if you fire a squib, or have a fouling buildup from shooting the "Holy Black" without lube on the bullet or cylender face

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Not even close to true...witness my experience above, and I've heard lots of others...some couldn't cock them, some couldn't open them(that's happened to me...) don't put your faith in the machine...it can and will fail....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts