Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone point me in the direction of a detailed instruction on how to disassemble and assemble a magazine?

Magazines are for P95.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have the 15 round magazines for my P95.

Here are the instructions from the Ruger manual with my commentary in blue:

Use a punch to press in on the magazine spring seat where it protrudes into the hole in the magazine floorplate. Hold the magazine upside down, so you can see the Ruger emblem upside down. Put a punch in the hole which is in the middle of the black magazine base, and push. You will hear the spring compress. Slide the magazine floorplate toward the rear of the magazine, takinng care to prevent the forcible ejection of the magazine spring seat and compressed magazine spring. I push on the magazine floorplate with my thumb to get it to slide. I have never had the spring seat eject on any of my 3 magazines. YMMV. Withdraw magazine spring seat and magazine spring from magazine body. I push in on the magazine spring seat with my thumb, and get it to tilt enough that the seat clears the tab on one side. The spring will push it out once you get it clear of the holding tabs. Turn magazine upside down and remove magazine follower. Reassemble in reverse order.

Let me know if you need more detail than this. I may be able to make some pictures that show this.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thanks for the info jimk0512. I will put it to use next time I get some free time!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Now that you point it out in the manual I see it. I had looked in the manual before but didn't see it. Thanks for posting the info.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You're welcome! I get lots of practice taking apart the magazines and cleaning them. The outdoor range where I shoot action pistol has more sand than most beaches.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts