Ruger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My P89T came with a 10 round magazine. Or is that a 9 round magazine and one in the chamber?

If the magazine holds 10 I need to man up some more to get it there. :)

tk

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
Mag should hold 10 rds + one in chamber for a total of 11 rds in gun.

Should be able also to order factory 15 rd mags if you want them providing your state laws allow them.

·
Registered
191 Posts
quote:Originally posted by tkarter

Thanks, I guess I will keep shoving on that last round to get it into the mag.

tk
Don't do that, there is something else going on. It's possible that the mag was assembled incorrectly from the factory. Take it apart and make sure it's together correctly. A backwards spring or improper placement on the follower can cause your issue. If that fails, call Ruger and they will exchange the mag for you.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Coffee Pot. It will go but feels like it is going to bend the top of the mag. I haven't forced it as I figure it would kill spring life on the mag. 9 goes fine.

I will read up on dissassembly of the mag and check it out.

tk

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am unable to find a picture of magazine spring orientation in the manuals that I downloaded from Ruger.

It is the pinned 10 round mag.

I haven't taken it apart yet so it may be self explanatory upon doing so.

If not can someone tell me which way to know is the correct way for it to be?

tk

·
Registered
693 Posts
I'm with COFFEE POT. One of mine - a 15 rounder had the similar problem. The spring was apparently disoriented. I fixed that in 5 minutes.

Look, tkarter, when you take the boot off, and release the spring, you'll see absolutely clearly the way to put it back correctly. The mag is angled to one side, so the spring should follow the same direction. Got it?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Took it apart. Spring was oriented correctly but a bit twisted. Tweaked it a bit and it is now as was to get 10 rounds in. Heck I could problably force 12 into it. :)

Thanks for the help guys. No need to call Ruger on this one since the Internet.

Like I have always known Ruger this gun works even with whatever was wrong. One round ain't crap as far as I am concerned, It shoots where I point it and feeds all 9 or 10 regardless.

All is like the booklet now and I am not sure what it really was unless it was that slightly twisted spring.

Any way it is all good and number 10 goes in like number one.

happy camper

tk

·
Registered
693 Posts
Theoretically you can force more, but don't practice it. You could eventually damage either spring or brass that will cost you seriously.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I won't be putting more than 10 in it. Reliability is what it is about with me. Shoots fine no failuires to load and no problems reloading now.

Just happy all the way around with things now. :)

tk

·
Registered
496 Posts
Thanks, I guess I will keep shoving on that last round to get it into the mag. tk
When I got my LC9 I was excited to start using it, so I sat there in the dark in the parking and loaded up my LC9 mag with the rounds from my old gun's mag. Couldn't get that last one in, though, no matter how hard I tried. :mad:

moral of the story: don't try to put 8 rounds in a 7 round mag.:eek:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts