Ruger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had a P345 for 6 months. I had problems with it when I first got it. I sent it to Ruger twice, and since its second trip to Arizona it has functioned flawlessly until.... The magazine safety quit working about a month ago, and the last time I took it to the range I had trouble releasing the magazine. I had to PULL it out while holding the release. I noticed a little "pin" in the grip just under the slide was sticking out. When I pushed it back in the grip the magazine would release easily again. The magazine safety does not work, but it used to. I didn't disconnect or disassemble it. Is this a safety issue, or should I be happy it "disconnected" itself?

Thanks for your input

·
Registered
740 Posts
The fact that you can safely operate a firearm that is not equipped with a magazine safety and whether a weapon equipped with a malfunctioning magazine safety is safe to operate are two different things. Anything that is connected to trigger function should be taken seriously. The magazine safety on my Walther P-22 deactivates the trigger when the magazine is removed, I imagine that the mag. safety operates in a similar manner on the P345. If it was my weapon I'd send it back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts