Ruger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering porting my P93 for my wifes sake as she is a very tiny Lady. She shoots her .38 just fine but when she steps up to the 9 she tends to be a bit limp wristed.
My question is does porting affect velocity and muzzle energy?
Also would the porting help her in managing the muzzle flip?
Thanks in advance..........

·
Registered
155 Posts
lizzy p93, I have had many of my personal firearms Magnaported as well as customers firearms done in the past and never noticed any effectual change in either velocity or muzzle energy! The effects of those two are minimal. Magnaporting does however cut down considerably on muzzle flip and recoil, especially with the magnum rifle calibers. I for one, highly recommend Magnaporting and those folks do a very highly professional job!................Dick

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
A mistake a lot of people have made including me is thinking the recoil of the 9mm is not as bad as the .45. My first auto was a P95 and when I shot the P97 I liked the recoil a lot better on the .45. Let my wife have the 95 and same thing. After she shot my .45 she wanted one. Let my Son have it and he let his wife shoot it, but after she shot my Wifes .45 she said she likes it best. The .45's is definitely not too big for the women to shoot. Might let her shoot a full size .45 and see if she likes it. They have more of a push and not as much jar in their recoil as the 9mm and .40 because of the lower pressure cartridges.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the info folks. Perhaps I'll still port the 93 and look into the 345!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts