Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone have experience with whether or not the new Magpul AICS .308 mags work in the Gunsite Scout?
I heard they work fine but there are not many other sources of info.

·
Registered
25 Posts
They work great. Fit and finish is excellent. They lock into place with minimal force and don't have any excess movement. They feed smoothly and load maybe a bit easier than the OEM metal mags. I have the 5 round AICS Magpul version so I can only speak to them but I'm a happy camper so far.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
My Magpul works great in the GSR, has less play and wobble than the Ruger mags, and I'll bet won't let rounds pop out if you leave them in a few days. Magpul knows how to do polymer.
At the end of deer season, I left a Ruger mag loaded, and rounds were all over the place when I looked at it again. ( no, I did not put the cover on top of the mag).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Perfect! Thank you very much. I greatly appreciate the responses. I know Magpul makes excellent mags and I am glad to hear that the new ones fit the GSR!

·
Registered
11 Posts
My Magpul works great in the GSR, has less play and wobble than the Ruger mags, and I'll bet won't let rounds pop out if you leave them in a few days. Magpul knows how to do polymer.
At the end of deer season, I left a Ruger mag loaded, and rounds were all over the place when I looked at it again. ( no, I did not put the cover on top of the mag).
I'd like to pick up a couple. Can you post a link to where you bought them so I get the correct ones? Thanks a ton.

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
Gregg, try Midway USA or Brownell's. When they first became available, a couple months ago, the 5 rounders were in stock, but the 10 rounders were not at that time. When I checked a couple weeks ago, they showed temporarily out of stock on the 5 round magazines also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Gregg, try Midway USA or Brownell's. When they first became available, a couple months ago, the 5 rounders were in stock, but the 10 rounders were not at that time. When I checked a couple weeks ago, they showed temporarily out of stock on the 5 round magazines also.
Will do...thanks

·
Registered
81 Posts
I know its a bit late to the fight but wanted to offer, if you havent found any, Cabellas is carrying the 5rnd magpull AICS.
I picked up 2 and like them better than the Ruger poly.

·
One more gun
316 Posts
10 rounders are now available direct from magpul. I have one on the way.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Would be interested in your opinion on the 10rnd, after you get a chance to shoot them. Particularly if you have experience with the 10rnd RUGER polymer mag.

·
One more gun
316 Posts
I'm planning to pick up a Ruger polymer 10 also and then compare it with the magpul, alpha 10 round steel and Ruger 10 round steel.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Looking forward to your review, Heartbreaker. I've only used the Ruger mental plastic ten rounders in my GSR but have had good results with Magpul mags in my AR15, AK47, and AR10 platform rifles.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts