Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
"The Real Deal"
7,604 Posts
I messed with 2 ar556 rifles last week and cannot remember if they use the standard milspec bolt catch or a ruger designed one. if its a milspec and the receiver does not get in the way(as the dpms smooth side upper or some others do) than I would not see why it wouldn't.

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
If it doesn't work, then it's only because Ruger uses a non standard button, all internal features of the latch will be standard. So if that is the case - non standard button - spend $7 and replace the Ruger latch with a standard latch with a standard button and you'll be in business.

·
"The Real Deal"
7,604 Posts
If it doesn't work, then it's only because Ruger uses a non standard button, all internal features of the latch will be standard. So if that is the case - non standard button - spend $7 and replace the Ruger latch with a standard latch with a standard button and you'll be in business.
Like mentioned, it should. If not replace the release or modify the lever. It just clamps onto the paddle.
My thoughts exactly, modify or replace. I just could not remember if the ar556 has a thicker upper like the dpms where the bad lever does not have any room to operate because of the recess the bolt catch slides into when depressed. I also cannot remember if the ar556 has a threaded bolt for the bolt catch to attach with like the lr308 pattern lowers or if its a normal rollpin per milspec and seen on 95% of ar rifles and pistols. Those would be the only reason other than a ruger specific bolt catch that it would not work. Seeings how they used a funky barrel nut, I would expect differences elsewhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts