Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
sorry if it is already out there, have searched multiple ways but still are new to the forum and can't find it.. first post so be nice. :thumbsup:

american 308 compact, just put on a magpul hunter stock, so far love it but it is currently a blizzard outside and cant go out and play with it.. has anyone else have an issue with removing the bolt? right now i have to remove a screw/bolt from stock and slide out butt pad holder then pull off cheek riser in order to remove the bolt.. not a deal breaker but it is nice sometimes to easily remove the bolt instead of going through that whole process.. thought of grinding and patching part of the riser to get it to pass by.. any thoughts??

tp

·
Registered
6 Posts
Rotate the bolt 180 degrees as you remove it. I have a Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor with a Magpul stock. The technique is a bit odd, but it lets you get the bolt out without any problem.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Rotate the bolt 180 degrees as you remove it. I have a Predator in 6.5 Creedmoor with a Magpul stock. The technique is a bit odd, but it lets you get the bolt out without any problem.
Tried this on my full size American 308 with Magpul stock. Definitely sounded odd, but it surely does work.....

Sent from my KFKAWI using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
I wonder if I can hijack this thread to ask my own Magpul question of you guys who also have Hunter stocks? I've just dropped my Predator 308 into a Magpul stock, and I'm not sure if it is bedding correctly. I see the receiver is sitting about two mm clear of the stock near the safety, and the bolt handle cutout is also too low, it seems to me. See pics for details. The rifle FEELS rock solid, and looking inside there does not appear to be any clearance between the bedding Vs and the receiver. I put some bearing wax in there and it was mashed flat... So, would I be right in thinking that the stock is simply cut a little low?

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts