Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed one of these? I have a new 22/45 Marklll Lite that I am thinking of putting the speed strip 3.2 conversion on. They have a good video on the Majestic Arms website if you want to chexck it out. Any feedback would be appreciated.:confused:

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
I have done all 3 of my 22/45s, LITE included. I never found the Disassembly/ Reassembly that tough, but wanted to see how the kit worked. I bought one, and liked the Mag Disconnect removal and the lightened trigger that the kit provides, so I bought 2 more kits. I find it a nice add on. As a matter of fact, I just cleaned my LITE yesterday and enjoyed the easy bolt removal and cleaning the bore from the chamber end. I think its a good value for the money, because not only does it remove the mag disco, and lighten the trigger, but then also offers the ease of bolt removal. Keep in mind it DOES NOT allow complete detail stripping without removing the mainspring housing. For fast swabbing of the bore, and cleaning the bolt, its great. Recommended.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
This topic has come a few times before.
Personally, I can't see a need for it.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
James, its worth the money just for the magazine disconnect removal bushing and the reduced trigger pull. I never had any problem with disassemble/ reassemble, so the speed strip is just an added bonus. It is nice to just remove the pin and slide out the bolt, and it sure is faster, and thats why its called speed strip.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would suggest you look at the Ruger web site. They have a new takedown video for the MK3 and the 22/45. A service tech is doing it and it is much simpler than the first video!!

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
James, its worth the money just for the magazine disconnect removal bushing and the reduced trigger pull. I never had any problem with disassemble/ reassemble, so the speed strip is just an added bonus. It is nice to just remove the pin and slide out the bolt, and it sure is faster, and thats why its called speed strip.
I can understand it would appeal to some folk, it's just not me.
I do more than just take a bolt out to clean my MK's.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm liking the idea, probably be ordering a kit for my new Target. With this kit and a bore snake, cleaning would be a breeze I think.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
Majestic Speed Strip Kit

:)
Has anyone installed one of these? I have a new 22/45 Marklll Lite that I am thinking of putting the speed strip 3.2 conversion on. They have a good video on the Majestic Arms website if you want to chexck it out. Any feedback would be appreciated.:confused:
Be aware that this add-on only allows bolt removal. Gun must still be taken to the "field strip" level to do much cleaning.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts