Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Major Justin Fitch passed away this morning at 33. I never had the honor of meeting him but have been following his story since July. Two tour combat veteran who was suffering from final stage cancer. He had been and continued until the last days to work to reduce PTSD suicides. He was working on a project to provide a retreat in KY for PTSD sufferers to get away from it all and get help. In his last few months he was able to raise enough to get the road in built and to pay for the 1st two cabins (he was hoping for enough to get the 1st cabin started - the response was enough the 1st two are fully paid for).

Major Fitch at one point had the safety off and the gun aimed when he heard his dead buddy smile and say "just put the gun down". He spent the rest of his life trying to reduce PTSD suicides.

An article from Soldier Magazine
http://soldiers.dodlive.mil/2014/08/a-sense-of-mission-to-the-end/

·
Registered
187 Posts
Condolences to his family and thanks for his service.
Gone too soon....God Bless.

·
Liberty or Death
2,569 Posts
I just read a similar article about him. He was a remarkable man.

·
Registered
362 Posts
It's sad to hear stories like that. At least he accomplished more than he set out to.

RIP.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Thank you Major for your service and dedication to fellow veterans. Tragedies go beyond the battle field, we all need to support our veterans and keep pressure on Congress to do the same.

·
Registered
3,972 Posts
Depression/PTSD is bad news, taking away the ability of a person to make a good decision. Saw this too many times, have no explanation for it to this day. I just accept there are things in this world I cannot change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts