Ruger Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this morning I'm taking my beloved P-89 to the range for some exercise. this gun usually resides in a Remora holster, next to the bed. the holster makes it easy to tuck into the waistband for appendix carry and at 40oz. loaded I can drive with it, sit with it, go into a store for shopping, I know it's there, but it's not uncomfortable. I have an LC9s and at 20oz. loaded, I can do all of the above with more comfort.
for shooting, I really like the full size pistol much better. big gun just fits big hands so much better. the bigger gun, longer sight radius, heft, just makes a better shooter for me.
do I need a CZ P-09 for Christmas?
anybody else carry a duty sized pistol concealed?

·
Registered
208 Posts
In the wintertime, I'll sometimes carry my CZ 75 in a belt holster under my coat - hard to argue with 17 rounds on the hip. When wearing less clothing, I'll always go for one of my smaller guns. I used to carry my P38, but the CZ is more reliable with HP rounds and feels better in the hand; more accurate too.

·
Registered
6,243 Posts
In the winter, I typically carry a Springfield XD(m) in .45 ACP. It's hard to conceal in the three months (laughingly referred to as "summer" in this area) a year when temperatures are too warm for a jacket.

Jim

·
Registered
765 Posts
I think the key to concealed carry is what type of clothes you wear. I can wear my P89 IWB just as easy as my LC9s. I always wear loose fitting clothes. Even in the summer I don't wear shorts and clingy shirts. It's just a personal thing.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Walther PPQ here, and it carries loaded just fine. Although I prefer my CZ-83 normally.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I am currently carrying a CZ 75 B in an Alien Gear 2.0 holster. Very comfortable and concealable too. A previous poster said it. 17 rounds cocked and locked is nice. My S&W Shield may be moved to summer rotation. I'll see. Next only to my 1911s the CZ is the absolute best weapon out of the box I have found... so far LOL.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
on most of the trips to the range I practice with a carry gun(j-frame or small pistol), sometimes I have a fun day and shoot bigger revolvers and pistols. I hadn't carried the P-89 in a while, but I stuck it in the waistband (P-89 in Remora holster) and went to the range, then the grocery store, then to the gas station. carried just fine at 1 o'clock.
(there might be a little bump in my untucked shirt, who looks or cares.)
I can put the bullets in the target with smaller carry guns, I can shoot a braggable target with a larger gun. to me, a duty sized gun just feels right.
wanting to stay with a DA/SA gun, I'm researching the CZ's. hard to find any complaints about them.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Depending on the outing and what I'll be wearing usually dictates my carry gun. I prefer my Colt Commander but feel just fine with my SP101 2" 357 mag. If need be, I can reduce farther to a S&W 642 (no lock) in my pocket or a Sig P238 IWB.

I feel very confident with these guns as I practice with what I carry. Only the S&W 642 gives me a bit of a beating during practice with +P rounds but it is such a perfect pocket carry gun that I can live with a little more perceived recoil than the other guns.

·
Registered
704 Posts
on most of the trips to the range I practice with a carry gun(j-frame or small pistol), sometimes I have a fun day and shoot bigger revolvers and pistols. I hadn't carried the P-89 in a while, but I stuck it in the waistband (P-89 in Remora holster) and went to the range, then the grocery store, then to the gas station. carried just fine at 1 o'clock.
(there might be a little bump in my untucked shirt, who looks or cares.)
I can put the bullets in the target with smaller carry guns, I can shoot a braggable target with a larger gun. to me, a duty sized gun just feels right.
wanting to stay with a DA/SA gun, I'm researching the CZ's. hard to find any complaints about them.
As a new convert to the CZ75B I would encourage you to keep doing your research. Recalled reading somewhere that CZs are the most widely carried sidearm in the world. I enjoy the heft of an all steel 9mm. To me it feels so much like my 1911s it was an immediate comfort in my hand. Shoots like a house afire too. Should you choose to go this direction I believe you will not be disappointed.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
" The answer is YES, of course. "

thank you. spoken like a real Robert Johnson fan.
guess I should write a request letter to "Sandy Claws".

·
Registered
5,529 Posts
On a rare occasion, I'll tote my P-97 DAO in .45 around...it's actually quite comfortable and manageable in a Bianchi Model 7, 3-slot, RH, OWB holster...while slightly heavier than my Glock 36...I don't mind the difference at all!

I do have a P-93 DAO 9mm on layaway...can't wait to get it out and actually shoot it!

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Carry what you are comfortable with, but be proficient with it. I myself prefer the SR1911. On those rare occasions that I carry my LC380, I feel like I am forgetting something.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.