Ruger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have AR-556 in 350 Legend trying to put a brass catcher on and it will not go under the one peace mount soI have to move the mount forward so much that it is half way off the receiver and clamped to receiver and flat top hand guard
it looks like I could take about .050 off of the bottom cantilevered mount and it would clear but would make it weaker
should I cut mount or will it work ok with mount half on receiver and half on hand guard ?

·
Registered
581 Posts
Can u modify the brass catcher?

I don't think .050 off the mount would hurt it but, obviously, not my gun.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,945 Posts
What kinda optic,mount and brass catcher.? I have a vortex stikefire with the cantilever 30mm ring, and the caldwell ar brass catcher on just the upper receiver with no issues. I also have that brass catcher mount under several 3x9x50, scipes with yhm 1/2 risers and extra high rings.

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
Like Tacky said, you never stated what optic or brass catcher you were using.............I don't know if this will solve the problem or not, the scope mount may be able to ride on top of the brass catcher mounting hardware........???

E&L MFG is a small company, and his brass catchers are probably the best out there........good enough that the USAF uses them. I have one for my Colt SP1 and one I use on my Gold Cups, I love em.

Here's a link, call him he should be able to tell you if it will work.

ETA: I can get 110 pieces of .223 in mine before I start to get a log jam.

Reactions: Tacky

·
"The Real Deal"
6,945 Posts
Like Tacky said, you never stated what optic or brass catcher you were using.............I don't know if this will solve the problem or not, the scope mount may be able to ride on top of the brass catcher mounting hardware........???

E&L MFG is a small company, and his brass catchers are probably the best out there........good enough that the USAF uses them. I have one for my Colt SP1 and one I use on my Gold Cups, I love em.

Here's a link, call him he should be able to tell you if it will work.

ETA: I can get 110 pieces of .223 in mine before I start to get a log jam.
I have to get one for my national match and others that have the carry handle. Been meaning to.

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
I have to get one for my national match and others that have the carry handle. Been meaning to.

I think I told you about the company a year ago.......... :p

I think this catcher may solve the OP’s scope mount problem.

·
"The Real Deal"
6,945 Posts
I think I told you about the company a year ago.......... :p

I think this catcher may solve the OP’s scope mount problem.
You did, life happens, you understand.

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
You did, life happens, you understand.
Some day it will slow down. When I get up in the morning I ask myself, “Self, what would you like to do today?” Sometimes that a tuff decision. :ROFLMAO:

·
"The Real Deal"
6,945 Posts
Some day it will slow down. When I get up in the morning I ask myself, “Self, what would you like to do today?” Sometimes that a tuff decision. :ROFLMAO:
In 13-14 years i finish my sentence, and im able to retire, maybe then i can say that too. Not likely!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sorry for not getting back sooner ,I have a vortex 3.5 x10 50mm with a vortex one piece mount that would not work, I decided to put two separate rings on and solved two problems I was having to rase my head off stock to see through scope I found some rings that are .25 lower and that is going to work I think don't have it back together yet will show pitcher when I get put on With the Caldwell brass cather?

·
Registered
5,877 Posts
(y) (y)

·
Registered
44 Posts
My 556 brass catcher is free-standing, and mounted to a shorty, mini tripod. It's made by Caldwell, and it works on a bench, and prone, too. The tripod is included in the box.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts