Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked the 19122 up a week ago, seemed like a great buy for what I was looking for and the changes Ruger implemented really made it easier.

Looking for compact bag suggestions. The Ruger 10/22 Takedown bag isn't quite large enough.

Chopped down the handguard
Magpul VFG
Odin Works Atlas 9 comp (it was overkill for 9mm in the past, probably will be for the PC9 as well)
Aero Precision 30mm scope mount
Leupold VX-R Patrol (1.25-4x)
Sig 'minimalist mini' folding stock (may move up to the Plus)
Magpul MOE grip

·
Registered
228 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Can you tell me more about the folding stock????

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Can you tell me more about the folding stock????
What would you like to know? It bolts right up the 19122. All aluminum, well built, just a hair small (though they make a few variants). Folds up perfectly and locks when folded as well, while not actually resting on the firearm.

·
Registered
193 Posts

·
Banned
29,620 Posts
I wish NJ did not outlaw folding stocks on semi autos. Kel tec folders is okay because the gun will not fire folded. No collapsible stocks like on the ar. No folders like on an ak. Such is life in gun hell.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Picked the 19122 up a week ago, seemed like a great buy for what I was looking for and the changes Ruger implemented really made it easier.

Looking for compact bag suggestions. The Ruger 10/22 Takedown bag isn't quite large enough.

Magpul VFG
Odin Works Atlas 9 comp (it was overkill for 9mm in the past, probably will be for the PC9 as well)
Magpul MOE grip

·
Registered
2 Posts
#industryDARK don’t have any leads on the takedown bag but was interested in how you swapped the grip? When I look in the grip the retainer looks fixed. Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
1 Posts
Joined the forum just to say how good this looks! Great job! How did you cut down the handguard exactly?

·
Registered
54 Posts

Magpul VFG
Magpul MOE grip

By looking at the pictures and the model number, I believe you are talking about a PCC9 and not a PC9

Looks like a nice carbine

·
Registered
4 Posts
Not sure if you would be interested in this bag. I pickup one a couple of weeks ago for my model 19122 . It is sold thru Amazon . It is the Savior Equipment Urban Takedown bag. It sells for $ 61.99 before tax and shipping. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
231 Posts
Greetings...

Ruger actually now sells a Ruger Branded Backpack style Bag - Similar to the 10/22 Bag made specifically for the Pcc.
I ordered one and was Immediately put on Back-Order!
So, Yeah...

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have the Ruger bag and if I had to choose I think I would take the Savior bag. I like the inside weapon storage pockets better, flaps with Velcro on side vs thru small end. The Ruger weapon storage pockets also are not padded like this one. Weapon storage just looks like it would protect and secure better. Outside is very similar but no hidden pocket on Ruger but not really big deal to me. This one looks good to me.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Greetings...

I got some other bag for my 1st PCC - NcStar or something. It had a ton of Happy Stix (glock 33 rnd 9mm mags) pockets, so naturally, I had to fill all those... Only thing I don't like about it is how long it takes to take the gun out.
No Pockets. Just a bunch of heavy duty velcro. Sure, it holds everything, But It's a typical "handle" style gun bag that just happens to also have a strap. I really LOVE the Ruger Branded bag that came with my 10/22 Break down, So when I saw that Ruger made one Specifically for the PCC - I ordered one immediately! Yeah, They instantly put me on back order, but within 2 days - I got a Now Shipping message from ShopRuger! So Hopefully It'll be here within a week!

·
Registered
215 Posts
The PC9 (19122 model) uses the same handgrip and stock as any AR rifle. Find one you like and switch them out. The grip is held by a single bolt that is accessed through the grip with a long allen wrench or a screwdriver with an allen head bit in a screwdriver that has interchangeable bits.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts