Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost forgot to metion one guy was arrested at the Cabellas I went to yesterday when he tried to buy a gun. Seems that not only could he not own a gun but still had an outstanding warrant for his arrest.

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
arrest

I almost forgot to metion one guy was arrested at the Cabellas I went to yesterday when he tried to buy a gun. Seems that not only could he not own a gun but still had an outstanding warrant for his arrest.
Potential gun owners with that level of intellect scare me !! :eek::eek:

·
Registered
Northwest Oregon
2,305 Posts
“Dumb criminal” is not an oxymoron. One guy tried to buy a gun in the big box store locally. He was on the areas most wanted list and was arrested.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
Serves him right, was probably trying to buy an ugly gun anyway..... :eek:

·
Registered
6,450 Posts
arrest

Potential gun owners with that level of intellect scare me !! :eek::eek:
And don't accuse me of a less than average intellect because of my new avatar. That is a photo of the official sidearm of the NDNHDF (North Dakota Norwegian Home Defense Force):D

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And don't accuse me of a less than average intellect because of my new avatar. That is a photo of the official sidearm of the NDNHDF (North Dakota Norwegian Home Defense Force):D
It looks like a revolver. Bet it only gets shot once at a time. :D

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
“Dumb criminal” is not an oxymoron. One guy tried to buy a gun in the big box store locally. He was on the areas most wanted list and was arrested.
Good to see those checks and balances working..... ;)

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Good to see those checks and balances working..... ;)
Everyone was guessing he thought they would be to busy to notice. I bet there was close to a hundred people sitting around waiting for the feds to okay their purchase.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Guess he figured they'd just skip the background check because they were busy.
A hundred people sitting in chairs or on the floor waiting while six employees were on the phone making call after call after call. I think he thought all they would do is turn him down. I didn't see the actual arrest but did see him standing handcuffed while the LEO talked to the store. Nothing else going on so it was the buzz of people that had been waiting for hours.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've been to quite a few Gun Shows in the Denver area.
You purchase the firearm & go up front to do the Back Ground check.
I can't tell you how many times you see the Poolice take someone away.
Many I've been told are for not paying Traffic Tickets. Some are not & wanted by the Poolice.
Yes, the Back Ground Checks work.
IFFV.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been to quite a few Gun Shows in the Denver area.
You purchase the firearm & go up front to do the Back Ground check.
I can't tell you how many times you see the Poolice take someone away.
Many I've been told are for not paying Traffic Tickets. Some are not & wanted by the Poolice.
Yes, the Back Ground Checks work.
IFFV.
I've never seen it happen before but usually buy at my lgs.

·
Registered
5,504 Posts
I was filling out the paperwork to purchase a handgun, and one of the questions (here in California) is whether you use marijuana. No exceptions are made for medical marijuana.
If you admit to using it, no handgun for you. So of course a lot of people tell a fib on this one.

The salesman said he had a guy who did not have a proper ID such as a drivers license. He had filled out the paperwork saying he did not use weed, then handed the salesman his "California Medical Marijuana Card" to use as a form of identification...
The salesman said "nope, that won't do" and sent him on his way. Idiot!

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I was filling out the paperwork to purchase a handgun, and one of the questions (here in California) is whether you use marijuana. No exceptions are made for medical marijuana.
If you admit to using it, no handgun for you. So of course a lot of people tell a fib on this one.

The salesman said he had a guy who did not have a proper ID such as a drivers license. He had filled out the paperwork saying he did not use weed, then handed the salesman his "California Medical Marijuana Card" to use as a form of identification...
The salesman said "nope, that won't do" and sent him on his way. Idiot!
Washington state legalized pot this last election. I wonder if we will have problems with it and guns. My guess is not many people that smoke also like guns.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
I've seen the mass of people waiting at the local Cabela's and just laugh. If the idiots wanna spend that much, let 'em. I'd rather drive the additional 30 minutes (less than what their waits were) and save a couple hundred from what the "sale" price at Cabela's is. It's not just the criminals that are dumb. ;)

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I've seen the mass of people waiting at the local Cabela's and just laugh. If the idiots wanna spend that much, let 'em. I'd rather drive the additional 30 minutes (less than what their waits were) and save a couple hundred from what the "sale" price at Cabela's is. It's not just the criminals that are dumb. ;)
I've gotten great deals on clothes before but never on guns or anything gun related. I was hoping to pick up some nice winter clothes. Like I said I had $1,000 to spend and only spent $19.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
I've gotten great deals on clothes before but never on guns or anything gun related. I was hoping to pick up some nice winter clothes. Like I said I had $1,000 to spend and only spent $19.
Send it over here, I'll help you spend it. ;)

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
Don't even bother with thier clothes. I don't need their over-excessive branding of everything they sell hanging on me. Went in once for boots, found what I wanted, a display one and asked...nope out of stock unless I wanted the mis-matched display pair. :rolleyes: Was told they only stock one or two pairs of each model. :confused: Unless I have a LOT of time to wait for something around the area of the store, I don't even bother now unless I need a good laugh by looking at the prices.

·
Registered
68 Posts
My favorite LGS is also a pawn shop. A lady came in to pick up a pawned handgun. While doing the paperwork, she said she might have warrants, does that make her a fugitive from justice? The guy at the counter said to ask the police officer on the other end of the counter. She gives her information, He ran her name for warrants, and bingo, she got a free ride.

·
Former Hoadpiler
32,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My favorite LGS is also a pawn shop. A lady came in to pick up a pawned handgun. While doing the paperwork, she said she might have warrants, does that make her a fugitive from justice? The guy at the counter said to ask the police officer on the other end of the counter. She gives her information, He ran her name for warrants, and bingo, she got a free ride.
I think in Washington state that if you pawn a gun you must go through the check before picking it up. They concider the gun not your property while its pawned and that its a new purchase.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts