Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is like the older International Mannlicher with a very nice walnut stock. My dealer got 3 of these in and all were beautiful but this one was spectacular. Now all I have to do is add a BX trigger and an optic.

Attachments

·
Registered
588 Posts
I bought one in the mid-90's it had decent wood but not as nice as that nor did it have a cheek piece, that looks like custom wood. Sweet :)

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,712 Posts
mag318, A nice choice and a pretty piece of wood!

I bought a "licker" as a Christmas present for my Granddaughter. It's stainless steel with a walnut stock. Can't beat these nifty 10/22s!!!

·
Banned
3,158 Posts
I picked one up in a trade last summer!

·
Registered
8 Posts
That is one beautiful stock. The only thing I would do is replace the rear sight with a peephole sight. Other than that I wouldn't touch a thing cosmetically.

·
Registered
917 Posts
This is like the older International Mannlicher with a very nice walnut stock. My dealer got 3 of these in and all were beautiful but this one was spectacular. Now all I have to do is add a BX trigger and an optic.
Very nice! Love those full length stocks. ;)

·
Registered
187 Posts
Great pics guys, I love that style stock. Unfortunately, I couldn't find one around here so I just got a plain old 10/22 blued w/ wood stock.
Does anyone (Iowegan) know if the Mannlicher stock can be retrofit onto a regular 10/22?
Thanks.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Neato!

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,712 Posts
njsfm15, There's only one part that is unique to a Mannlicher stock and that is the forend cap (stainless steel or blued). The rest of the gun (blued or stainless) is identical to a carbine. So ... if you happen to run into a Mannlicher stock with the forend cap, it's a simple drop-in! The older Mannlicher stocks had a front sling loop like the one in my picture. I think they just put a front sling stud on the newer models.

·
Registered
865 Posts
That is a lovely stock. I had a couple SS ones. Here with a No. International in 30-06. I did end up selling one of the 10-22s to a friend.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Just ordered one myself just this morning, it is exactly like Lowegan's with the sling swivels, it's called the "International". I've always wanted one so now in a couple of weeks I will have one. Actually I wanted a Number 1 with the Mannlicher stock, but those are far and few between, in the calibers I preferred ,223, .243, .270, 30-06. Just got tired of waiting.

·
Registered
187 Posts
njsfm15, There's only one part that is unique to a Mannlicher stock and that is the forend cap (stainless steel or blued). The rest of the gun (blued or stainless) is identical to a carbine. So ... if you happen to run into a Mannlicher stock with the forend cap, it's a simple drop-in! The older Mannlicher stocks had a front sling loop like the one in my picture. I think they just put a front sling stud on the newer models.
Thank you Sir....I knew that you would have the scoop (as always) :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
International stock

I have heard from several sources that these stocks hurt the accuracy of the 10/22. Does anyone have any valid info on this?

I have an excellent Grade VI Browning takedown .22 that I am sending back to the factory to fix the little latch that releases the barrel from the receiver. As soon as it comes back I will be looking for trades for an excellent 10/22 international.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts