Ruger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
2,657 Posts
Pretty impressive to stay so focused while the crowd won't shut up during the performance. God bless the USMC!

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
What do you suppose the penalty is for dropping your weapon during practice? :D

·
Registered
444 Posts
the contrast

Every time I see a vid of marines in close order drill...I am struck by the contrast....that these dressed up..spit and polished marines...are all trained killers!!! God Bless the Marines!!

·
Registered
4,241 Posts
If I had to guess. You probably don't make the team.

·
Registered
767 Posts
... and probably glad of it! Too much squared away work involved - and as another noted the penalty for a dropped rifle must be severe (as my own memory of the Corps recalls)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Clearly, if my memory of a Few Good Men is accurate, the penalty is super-gluing the weapon to the Marine's hands. :)

I've always loved watching the USMC Silent Drill Plt.

Another of my favorite videos, displaying Marines crossing boundaries, is the following Band interaction with a ROK band.

3:00 starts their interaction... and 4:25 hits pretty good. But the whole video is worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPD4Ae-Zv_Y

·
Registered
3,041 Posts

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,406 Posts
Eight minutes long and worth it! Thanks for sharing.

·
Banned
1,033 Posts
The precision of this elite group of Marines is displayed by others in ALL the branches every day. Whether its loading aircraft or maintaining floating cities on the sea, or just protecting someone's six in the desert, we possess the finest military in history.

If only our leaders would let them do their jobs!

And God Bless and Protect them all

1 - 17 of 17 Posts