Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did Ruger make different variations to there models? I have a Mark that has a mag release by the trigger but no LCI or mag disconnect? It is an older target model with a bull barrel. I guess the mag release makes it a mark3.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,972 Posts
johnsxj, There's no such thing as a MK II 22/45 .... they were just 22/45s. Later when the safety goodies were installed, all models became MK IIIs.

Plunker, Yes, an older 22/45 had the magazine release behind the trigger just like the newer MK IIIs, but it doesn't have the key lock, loaded chamber indicator, or mag disconnect. That makes it a 22/45 ... not a MK II 22/45 or a MK III 22/45.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Also has fixed grips that are not removable
Sounds like you have one of the Mark II 22/45 variants.
I second the 22/45 conjecture... er, I guess I third it:)

I guess there could be a chance that you have a pistol made from different series parts. Some 22/45 MKIII frames do not have removable grips...

....others do, here's a 22/45 MKIII frame with removable grips and it has a MKII Target upper mounted to it.

Regards,
Greg

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I never heard of just 22/45. I thought Ruger made mark 22 pistols. I bought the gun new so it is not pieced together with different upper and lower. Are they rare? I just got the new 22/45 lite ( not a mark??) and was thinking of selling the older one but not sure what it is.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts