Ruger Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have this almost new (ten rounds thru it) that my sister bought new, she needed money a while back and asked me if I would buy for 250.00. I really didn't want it but I told her to bring it over and I would take it. Now the problem I have two friends who are asking to buy it from me and not sure what to ask for it or which one to sell it too. I know one buddy does the gun shows and I'm afraid it would end up there at a huge mark up. The other guy would keep it and use it but he offered me five bucks more than I paid for it and said at least you'll make a profit. Whats the darn thing worth?

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Its worth keeping, whether you WANT it or not. It was your sisters. Keep it in the family. Dont sell it for $255. Its a great pistol, maybe the best. Do you have children? Nieces or nephews? Pass it on to one of them with the understanding it doesnt get sold, or given away. I would hang on to it. Actual value, Probably $500

·
Registered
4,978 Posts
It is worth keeping, I agree.

The Government Model is one of the most sought after Mark IIs and the fact that it is stainless sweetens the deal. $350 for a blued gun in good condition is considered a real buy. Most of the ones I've seen for sale tend closer to $400 or more, with box and papers. They are not easy to find, either.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replys, I am torn between selling or giving it to one of the grandkids when they get older. I have it in my son in laws safe and it does have the case and papers from when she (my sister) bought it. I told my son in law to take a picture of it and send it my way. But now I think I'll leave it in his safe out of sight out of mind.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
As per post # 2 & 3.

·
Registered
609 Posts
If it were in my hands today, I wouldn't take a dime less than $450 for it (maybe even $500), and would have no trouble getting that (and your friend who goes to gun shows knows that too!).

·
Registered
48 Posts
Your gun show friend may really not be one. I've had a stainless one with a Bushnell Trophy scope on it for years. I'd have to be near death from starvation to ever consider selling it. It's worth well over twice what you paid for it as you described it.

Stainless Mark II's have a way of multiplying. Not sure why you'd only want one of them.

All the best,

Mark

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.