Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hollow point ammo never seems to feed correctly in my Mark III. The bullets get "impailed" on the point of the ramp while they feed upward. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the Mark III slab barrel Target model and use the Federal HP's box of 550 from Wal Mart with no problems at all.....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
quote:Originally posted by poncaguy

I have the Mark III slab barrel Target model and use the Federal HP's box of 550 from Wal Mart with no problems at all.....
That's what I usually use in my other rimfires. They are unreliable in my Mark III. Sometimes they jam and the point of the ramp nearly splits the bullet head in two.

·
Registered
2,758 Posts
My MK III 22/45 has had a couple of a couple of failures to feed with Remington ammo but not with the Walmart Federal bulk pack ammunition.

·
Registered
288 Posts
I have a 22-45 (early model)and I did have some feeding bobbles with Winchester ammo that had a truncated conical bullet shape. I looked at what was happening as the cartridge was stripped from the magazine (to understand the relationship between the lips and feed ramp)and I bent the feed lips on my magazine a bit which cured the problem. I also buff my magazine lips to remove (radius) all sharp edges which facilitates trouble free feeding.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts