Ruger Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Nice information. I will have to try this with my Mark III magazines.

·
Banned
437 Posts
I must be doing something wrong with my MKII and MKIII. I didn't know there was a problem until I read this. :eek: I have been shooting close to 1000rd through them (combined, not each) every 4-5 weeks ...and have never had a sore thumb. OTOH shooting 100-200rd/wk out of my .45 I was suffering. (or realizing I was a wuss :p) I bought the UPLULU loader and it has been a life saver ...maybe the best $25 I have spent.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Speed/Magazine Loader MK 111

I received my first Ruger Mark 111 Target Stainless. Love the gun, hate loading the magazine. I see several members recommend the HKS speed loader. Has anyone used the V10 - X10 Lula by Maglula?

·
Pony Soldier
8,526 Posts
I use the McFadden Ultimate Cliploader, the best $20+ dollars I have spent in a while.
It is a real timesaver, the only thing I had to do was lube it with some Rem-oil when I first got it.
Try one, you will wonder why you messed with anything else before.

Greg

·
Registered
366 Posts
The HKS-22R is the least expensive of the Loaders mentioned (usually less than $5.00)
BUT, the HKS has to be modified to accept the MkIII Mags
Here's how I do it:
Note the Thumb Button Notch:

You need to cut the end of the Loader off close tot he Notch:

Now it will look like this:

Here's a before and after shot:

Works just as before, but now it will load all three style Mags:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks to all who posted about the McFadden speedloader. Another 20 bucks I wasn't planning on spending not to mention the extra ammo I will be going through due to using it!:D

·
Registered
241 Posts
Good tip for the HKS. I prefer the Hilljak Quickie Loader for MK I, II, III and 22/45. Fits perfect and gets you loaded quicker

·
Registered
366 Posts
As above, the The HKS-22 (B or R) mod
Since POSbucket has screwed-up everyone's pictures, I'll re-post them from Imgur

Note the Thumb Button Notch
You need to cut the end of the Loader off close to the Notch, leaving between 1/8th and 1/16th of an inch material around the Notch:

Now it will look like this:

Here's a before and after shot:

Works just as before, but now it will load all four style Mags:

I've also added a Strap and Carabineer so it can be hooked to your Belt Loop or Range Bag:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
I found this loader on the internet last night. The description says it will work with most 22 magazines with a button on the side. Since it is open on one end, the bumps on the Mark III magazines shouldn't present a problem. The loader sells for $7.95 for a set of two. I'll let you know how they work when I get mine in a few days.

Those little gizmos work great. I purchased two from Rimfire Central years ago, and still use them all the time loading my MKII and MKIII mags.:thumbsup:

21 - 31 of 31 Posts