Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! New member to the board looking for some information. What would it take to put the sight set from a Ruger Mark III Target 10103 onto the Hunter model 10118? Are they easily interchangeable? Thinking about buying a target sight set like on the 10103 and putting it on a 10118.

Thanks very much!

:D

·
Registered
4,915 Posts
No problem at all. Basically a bolt on job, other than tapping the rear sight into the dovetail. If you're removing the rear sight from a gun, just remember to loosen the set screw that holds the rear sight in the dovetail before you try to tap the rear sight out of the dovetail.

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Hello all! New member to the board looking for some information. What would it take to put the sight set from a Ruger Mark III Target 10103 onto the Hunter model 10118? Are they easily interchangeable? Thinking about buying a target sight set like on the 10103 and putting it on a 10118.

Thanks very much!

:D
If I am thinking correctly, the only difference in the 10103 and the 10118 is the blade with the Hunter 118 having a "V" rear blade and the 103 having the square notch. You don't have to remove the entire rear sight, just replace the blade. It just comes out when you turn the Az screw all the way ccw. I know that Ruger sells the V rear blade for about $3, maybe you can just buy the square blade for the rear and the front blade sight to replace the HI-VIZ if you don't like it. I have the Target sight on the rear of my 103 as it came from the factory and I bought the HI-VIZ for the front. Easier to see in dim light and you can still use the top of the post along with the rear notch...best of both worlds.

PS: Welcome to the forum from West Virginia

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If I am thinking correctly, the only difference in the 10103 and the 10118 is the blade with the Hunter 118 having a "V" rear blade and the 103 having the square notch. You don't have to remove the entire rear sight, just replace the blade. It just comes out when you turn the Az screw all the way ccw. I know that Ruger sells the V rear blade for about $3, maybe you can just buy the square blade for the rear and the front blade sight to replace the HI-VIZ if you don't like it. I have the Target sight on the rear of my 103 as it came from the factory and I bought the HI-VIZ for the front. Easier to see in dim light and you can still use the top of the post along with the rear notch...best of both worlds.

PS: Welcome to the forum from West Virginia
Awesome! That's what I was hoping for - I don't want to remove the entire rear sight. So, switching the blades and playing around with a Hi-Vis or Target front sight will determine which one will work better.

Thanks very much!

:)

·
Registered
947 Posts
No problem, to post a link in most bulletin board software programs you need to copy the URL address of the page you want to link to from your browser's address bar. Then paste it into the post with HTML tags for "URL" using brackets around the letters. On the end of the address you need a forward slash in front of the "URL" letters to signify to the software that the link address has ended. To make it all work you cannot have any spaces between the HTML tags and the http: address.

R,
Bullseye

1 - 10 of 10 Posts