Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received a Mark IV Target for Christmas and have been so happy with it that when my wife gave me the green-light for a gun on my 60th Birthday I went out and bought a Mark IV 22/45. Why not right? Am not going to get to play with it until my Birthday on Wednesday but of course I took it apart before putting it away. I noticed that unlike my Target Model there's no rubber bushing on the frame lug of the 22/45. I referenced the owner's manual dwgs and there wasn't one shown so I assume this is correct?

Anyone ever bother to put in a rubber bushing on the synthetic framed Mark IV's or not really needed? Can't wait to shoot on Wednesday!

Thanks,
Eric

·
Registered
488 Posts
The polymer frame has enough flex that it can keep tension on the receiver without needing a bushing.

Nice looking pair of pistols!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Never would have occurred to me. Yet now that you've said it I get it. Thank you!

·
Registered
576 Posts
I inquired the same question with Ruger. As TE stated, their response was , "none needed"! (y)

Congrats on your MkIV Target and 22/45!! :giggle:

Ted

·
Registered
390 Posts
I had to put a washer on mine so that I could get my compensator to line up correctly. With the nut that comes with it a washer is not needed.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Volquartsen sells them for the Mark IV. I bought a couple for my stainless Target model and they seem to last a bit longer than the factory part. I’m not even sure they’re necessary for the metal-framed guns.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts