Ruger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Decided on a Vortex Venom (thanks for all the recommendations for that). While we have a rail already, it seems that removing the rear sight and having the Venom mounted lower - just on top of the barrel vs much higher on the rail would yield better shooting performance over a wider range of target distances.

What first hand experiences can anyone share on the EGW plate vs the Burris plate with us?

Additionally we are in Canada and it is not easy and takes a long time to receive parts from the US as an export permit needs to be issued before shipment. EGW has stopped shipping direct to Canada.

Since this takes some time we want to be sure to get the best one.

Looking forward to the forums advice and experience to help us newbies out. Thanks

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
First, there is nothing magic about lowering the Venom a small amount with a lower mounting method. It won't have a significant effect on your pistol's trajectory.

That said, there is a lower mount available that doesn't require removing the rear sight. The Allchin "MK Micro Mount" (https://allchingunparts.com/ruger-mk-micro-mount/ ). It's slightly less expensive than the EGW, is versatile, well made and works very well. I have a Vortex Venom installed on my MkIV with this mount.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you GP Fan, appreciate that. I've reached out to allchin to see if he'll sell and ship to Canada. His website shows USA only 😒

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John at allchingunparts was very helpful. Looks like that's the one I'll go with as I can keep the rear sight still mounted and have optics low down mounted.

Appreciate the info, thanks everyone.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Allchin Vortex Plate for Ruger IV

Special thanks to Allchin Gun Parts for this great plate for Ruger IV. Can keep iron sights and still have lowest? mount for our Venom Red Dot. Fits nice, well made plate. Doing range fine tuning this weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Special thanks to Allchin Gun Parts for this great plate for Ruger IV. Can keep iron sights and still have lowest? mount for our Venom Red Dot. Fits nice, well made plate. Doing range fine tuning this weekend.
That's the one. BTW, it fits several other red dots beside the Venom (Vortex Razor, C-More RTS2, Burris Fastfire, J-point) so it's quite versatile.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts