Ruger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been looking for a Mark IV Tactical (model 40150) for months. Finally had one in my cart today and it sold before I could check out :mad:.

Any ideas on where I should be looking, or is this specific model just hard to find?

·
Exchequer
4,800 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

The only suggestion is to do what you've probably been doing - searching for the model you want on all the online outlets like Gunbroker, Gun Genie, Armslist, etc. You might also call around to some of your LGS to see if they have it in stock or can order it for you.

You can also look at the RF Classifieds section to see if, by chance, anyone is looking to sell the model you want.

What you're dealing with is not uncommon right now. Firearms sales have been crazy as of late and the manufacturers are having a tough time keeping up with demand.

As I'm sure you now know, when you find what you're looking for, ya gotta jump on it right away.

Good luck in your quest.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Ruger MkIV pistol LGS retailer inventories (just as .22 ammo) are scarce these days! Might find some used in the on-line auction sights (gunbroker-gunsamerica-gunsinternational, etc.)...keep searching and hopefully inventories will come back...good luck! (y)

Ted

·
Viceroy 🟩🟩🟩
3,242 Posts
Things will get better. I will refrain from getting political, or crystal ball gazing too much, but at least you're looking for a pistol that is unlikely to be targeted by any legislation or ATF interpretations.

·
One Star
10,381 Posts
Sorry you didn't get to buy that one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Sorry you didn't get to buy that one.
[/QU
Been looking for a Mark IV Tactical (model 40150) for months. Finally had one in my cart today and it sold before I could check out :mad:.
Any ideas on where I should be looking, or is this specific model just hard to find?
I’ve been looking hard for that pistol as well with no luck! Found one in Kentucky but the dealer would not sell it to me online.....only in store sales! His store was 800 miles away or I would have jumped in the car! A lot of dealers have theirs on Gunbroker for outrageous prices! I guess I’ll just wait it out until inventories improve.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was searching for a Mark IV Tactical as well. Found a couple on Gun Broker, but they were both north of $800. Couldn’t bring myself to pay that price. I found a Mark IV Target for $300. I sourced both rails, screws, thread protector, and washer for $50. My gun smith cut down and threaded the barrel, and tapped barrel for lower rail for $225. It turned out perfect. Unless you read Target on the upper it is exactly like the Tactical. My first time having so much work done on a pistol. I guess that’s whatcha get for being cheap and impatient.

Reactions: clsx

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was searching for a Mark IV Tactical as well. Found a couple on Gun Broker, but they were both north of $800. Couldn’t bring myself to pay that price. I found a Mark IV Target for $300. I sourced both rails, screws, thread protector, and washer for $50. My gun smith cut down and threaded the barrel, and tapped barrel for lower rail for $225. It turned out perfect. Unless you read Target on the upper it is exactly like the Tactical. My first time having so much work done on a pistol. I guess that’s whatcha get for being cheap and impatient.
Where'd you find a Target for $300? I'd love to swap a Tactical barrel onto the Target's steel frame.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was lucky and found a Mark IV 22/45 Tactical about 3 months ago and I paid just under $500 for it at Dunham's Sports. I go to this particular store about once a month and have not seen another one since. Hope that this craziness will slack up soon and that you find what you are looking for!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Where'd you find a Target for $300? I'd love to swap a Tactical barrel onto the Target's steel frame.
Happened up on my Target at Adventure Outdoors while tracking down ammo. It was used, but in good shape.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts