Ruger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a Mark IV Hunter that's all SS. I don't know off the top of my head how many other models come in SS.
They make the Target, Hunter, and Competition and their variants (barrel) in Stainless Steel. I probably would have went with one of the blued models if Ruger had used steel for the trigger housing instead of aluminum.

·
Registered
434 Posts
My friend and best shootin' buddy picked up the Hunter model and I couldn't let him have all the fun, so I grabbed this NIB, Competition Model at the same LGS on the same day. We sent both to Volquartsen for their fine trigger work. He scoped his with a 3X Burris and I screwed on a C-More just because I always wanted to try one. Both are great shooters and seeing lots of range time these days.

(And I removed the right-side safety ... I have big hands and kept feeling it when I took the safety off ... it had to go)

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Shotgun Wood
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

·
Registered
625 Posts
I have the blued mk4 target. so far it is completely stock. the factory trigger was much better than I anticipated. so much that I'm leaving it alone, for now. been thinking about a few upgrades. nothing major, different grips and a fiber optic front sight would be enough for me.

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
All beauties and great photos. I'm am more of a traditionalist ( translated to old fart ), and have owned, and currently have several Standard, MKI, MKII, MIII. Finally broke down and bought a new MKIV 22/45. Wow ! Ruger hit a home run with this one. Even with my shaky hands, field stripping is a piece of cake. :)

·
Registered
VIGILANT CURMUGEON
131 Posts
I have the Hunter that Grandson uses in Steel target shoots very effectively. I have the Target with 10 inch barrel and 5.5 inch barrel top component.
View attachment 171521
Knowing what you have here, I have a little envy .
A fine medium to long range target or hunting pistol. ( looks like a hammer , but shoots like a rifle )
My Mark II in Stainless wears an Aimpoint red dot on it now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts