Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Marlin still makes the 1894 Marlin in .357, the gun dealer I usually go to seems to have them in stock most of the time.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
I have never seen one in my area either, I think it's a popular Cal in the Lever action rifle so they go quick.

·
Registered
525 Posts
I've been keeping my eyes open for an 1894C since last year when Marlin announced they were starting to produce 1894 rifles again. Haven't seen a single new-production 1894C in Canada since. Hopefully that will change soon.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts
I picked up a good Marlin 1894C in March of 2012.
They seem to produce them in batches so you have to watch for them.
It's a great rifle.
Good luck.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
You might want to have someone with a FFL. order one for you. I was told there is more demand on the .357 caliber. Good Luck!!!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Remington made a run of 1894s last year. Production of 1894Cs has been pushed back repeatedly for years. They were supposed to start producing them this spring. I wouldn't hold your breath as I've heard this every quarter for a few years now.

Hopefully they get their act together. I have one of the few Remington made 1894Cs from a few years back. It's a good one w/ none of the flaws associated w/ the early production rifles. They shut down production quickly because they couldn't make them properly.

·
Registered
428 Posts
A dealer I know picked up a great on on a trade at this weekends gun show, it's a dandy, and a good thing for me that he can't sell it for 30 days.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I bought a new 1894cs 357 in oct. 2014 at Sportsmans wharehouse in Mississippi. It was the only one they had seen in at least a year and I was lucky to get it. Or unlucky! It would not feed or eject rounds just like my new 1894 44mag did. It took remington/marlin 8 months to make it right. All is good for now. i hope it stays thst way. I have not seen a new 357 Marlin anywhere(lgs or online) since then.

·
From Land of Fruit & Nuts
12,955 Posts

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
I called a fellow gun owner tonight about his Rossi Mod. 92 he had just sold. We started talking about Marlins and I think if you really want to find the Marlin .357 that you want. Be prepared to pay as much or more in cost for a JM stamped Marlin what ever model you want. Look on Gun Broker & other reputable sights. There are roughly 3-4 models of course the 1894 C but then there is a stainless steel 1894 and 2 cowboy models a 20 inch Octagon barrel and the 24 inch Octagon model. I know it stinks that you cannot find a new Marlin in .357 but there sure seems to be .44 Magnums out there. Hey good luck hope something turns out.

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Looked on Gun Broker at the Marlin 1894 C Model wow way way over priced average buy it now price $1295.00 Seeing prices like this makes me think the Henry Big Boy Steel & Rossi's are just about the only way to go. Especially if you want to add a scope Henry is really the only choice!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Checked the link above about Gun Broker. WOW, can't believe the prices. I run across an almost new one some years back for $300 from a private seller. By far my most favorite rifle. It has dispatched it's fair share of four legged criters.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts