Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So what are your thoughts about Ruger being the high bidder for Marlin in the Remington bankruptcy sale?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
or Marger...

·
Super Moderator
3,370 Posts
Is this a wish or have you heard that this might actually be in the works? Personally, I don’t see Ruger doing it. They have a good thing going with their brand and are not part of some holdings company so they have this far resisted acquisitions. I don’t see that happening and Ruger would be smart to stick with being Ruger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
574 Posts
Hmmm........... found this.

·
Registered
419 Posts
It is all pending approval of the bankruptcy court.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Makes me wonder how long the Marlin 60 will be around, can’t see Ruger keeping the 10/22’s main competitor around. I am excited to see the lever action lineup going to someone who should be able to do good things with it. I think it will end up being a good fit.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Cool. My old Marlin 336 in 35 Remington (hmm, Marlin/Remington) is very happy to be in a safe full of his step brothers now.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think ruger could do nothing but help marlin. Ive wanted a 45/70 trapper style rifle since I saw the one carried in the newish jurassic park movie. But quality is so hit or miss.

·
"The Real Deal"
7,106 Posts
Im happy that it will or could hapoen. Good to see that dpms, and bushmaster will grow on, and tapco as well. Better than them being gutted and never heard from again.

Reactions: Mark204

·
Registered
6,137 Posts
Makes me wonder how long the Marlin 60 will be around, can’t see Ruger keeping the 10/22’s main competitor around.
Why wouldn’t they keep it? If the sale took place the Marlin 60 would be just another product that Ruger owned/offered. No different than having the Precision Rimfire in the product line........Unless I’m missing somethings.

·
Retired Moderator & Gunsmith
16,434 Posts
I seriously doubt Ruger would keep the Marlin Mod 60 or the XT series bolt action rimfires. There are a couple ways to beat the competitor .... build a higher quality gun, build a cheaper gun with the same quality, or buy out the competitor. Time will tell if the deal goes through and if so, what Marlin products will remain. At one time, Ruger made Mod 96 lever action series of rifles .... not bad guns but they did not resemble the familiar "western" looks of a Winchester or Marlin. So, I expect they will retain the big bore lever guns and hopefully bring back the Mod 39A, which is only currently available through Marlin's custom shop.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Why wouldn’t they keep it? If the sale took place the Marlin 60 would be just another product that Ruger owned/offered. No different than having the Precision Rimfire in the product line........Unless I’m missing somethings.
The precision rimfire fills a different market space, the Marlin 60 and 10/22 fill the same space. I don’t see them wanting to pay employees on two different lines building two different rifles catering to the same market in a very similar price category. Maybe they’ll take the 60 down in price to be a budget offering. Hard to tell, but it should be interesting.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Someone always asks if Ruger will ever release a lever ... I'd say this brings that dream a little, (or a lot), closer to reality !!

1 - 20 of 163 Posts