Ruger Forum banner

121 - 140 of 162 Posts

·
"The Real Deal"
7,081 Posts
Things should be interesting. As yoda would say...... See We Will.

·
"The Real Deal"
7,081 Posts
No Vista is first bid on Remington ammo and Sig is next if Vista can't get the court to sign off on the deal
I find it interesting that sierra is buying barnes, its competitor.

Reactions: Woody44

·
Registered
25 Posts
I enjoy my Remlins, hope to see some different calibers.

Marlin 1894c 357Mag/38Spl(DOM May 2018) c/w Vortex Diamondback 2-7*35 Rimfire & Ruger Blackhawk Convertible 357Mag/39Spl or 9mm

Marlin 1895 444Marlin(DOM July 2019) c/w Vortex Diamondback 2-7*35 BDC

Marlin 1894 44Mag/44Spl(DOM Jan 2017) c/w Vortex Diamondback 2-7*35 Rimfire

Marlin 1895GBL 45-70Gov (DOM Sept 2015)c/w Vortex Diamondback 1.75-5*32 BDC

Marlin 333BL 30-30Win(DOM May 2017) c/w Vortex Diamondback 2-7*35 BDC

·
Registered
56 Posts
I will get this started with several items:

1. Excellent quality control
2. A Ruger-lin 39A with a nice stock (no pressed checkering) and an 18" barrel
3. Several different caliber options in their 1895 and 1894 rifles (that are not offered today)
4. Several different barrel lengths in all of their lever action rifles, 18", 20" & 22"
5. Production numbers that fit the demand for a good quality lever action
6. Rear sight options on their lever action rifles
7. ? ? ?

·
Registered
344 Posts
Fix the perpetual soft-metal carrier defect in the 1894 that wears, loses timing and causes the Marlin Jam.
Cowboy gunsmiths have been fixing this by fitting a flat of tool steel at the wear point at the correct height for proper timing.

An added bonus would be improving that gawd-awful useless safety, hopefully without adding complexity to the 1894 action.
Marlin is the only maker who offers the 1894 in 44 mag with the octagonal barrel.
I'm SUCH a sucker for this barrel.

·
Registered
105 Posts
If Remington had left Marlin in place they would have had no problem. However they moved it and lost the knowledge base. There were no actual existing blueprints for many of the parts. The machinery was wearing out. The adjustments were literally back of a napkin.
That was never going to happen. I worked for a private equity group in the manufacturing sector from 2008 to 2017. Their entire concept of purchasing distressed companies and turning them around is based on reducing the hourly workforce to the bone and replacing experience and knowledge with high tech which as you pointed out, doesn't always translate.

·
One Star
9,876 Posts
I sure hope they will be Linejudgemick!:)

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
This is really, really interesting news.
1. Will Ruger continue to let the Model 60 compete against the 10/22?...
I don't understand your logic. With Ruger owning both lines, the Model 60 would not be a "competitor", but rather another "choice" and additional revenue stream under the same financial umbrella.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
...It may take a while, but I would love to see a Ruger Eagle on the top of a Marlin barrel where the JM use to be...
You might like that, but many Marlin fans would likely not. I do own a late-model JM marked 1894, and I see stamping a Marlin with a Ruger logo as dilution of the Marlin brand. There is no reason that the Marlin line cannot operate as a fully-owned, but independent subsidiary of Ruger.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Model 60 is still the best selling 22 on the market.

Everyone keeps hoping for a 39 revival. But what price point would you like? I'm guessing it's going to be north of $700.
Im a big model 60 fan, I love Ruger and Marlin but the 60 was here before the 10/22 and I think its a better gun !

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nyet! Try again!

You forgot Federal. Also recheck your info on the Roundhill Group. Roundhill Group LLC Purchases Remington Firearms Plenty of firearms experience there.

I'm with ya on that. I'm not comfortable with one company owning three of the four major ammo makers in the US.
I just hope George Soros doesnt have any thing to do with Vista Outdoors or Any of these other companies .

·
Registered
8,224 Posts
I have both model 60 and the 10/22 both good shooters ... my Marlin 22 mag now she's a sweet shooter as well ...

Reactions: Mark204

·
"The Real Deal"
7,081 Posts
I agree, own a k
Im a big model 60 fan, I love Ruger and Marlin but the 60 was here before the 10/22 and I think its a better gun !
i disagree respectfully. I own (2) 10/22's and own a marlin 60 and 75 glenfield. I think both are great firearms, and very fun to shoot with. However my nod goes to the 10/22 due to modularity, and after market goods that can be had for it. The 60,75 are more traditional, nothing wrong with that. I do like the detachable mag over the tube for reloading quicker. But i agree they both are great guns.

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
I agree, own a k

i disagree respectfully. I own (2) 10/22's and own a marlin 60 and 75 glenfield. I think both are great firearms, and very fun to shoot with. However my nod goes to the 10/22 due to modularity, and after market goods that can be had for it. The 60,75 are more traditional, nothing wrong with that. I do like the detachable mag over the tube for reloading quicker. But i agree they both are great guns.
It’s time for the popcorn.....I love a good argument....as long as it’s FACT BASED........Bring it gentleman.

Reactions: Tacky

·
"The Real Deal"
7,081 Posts
It’s time for the popcorn.....I love a good argument....as long as it’s FACT BASED........Bring it gentleman.
Trying to stir the pot aye? o_O

·
"The Real Deal"
7,081 Posts
So lets see what do i dislike about both.

Marlin 60, 75 dovetail scope base. Had to have an adapter to add traditional scope rings or red dot, not a rimfire only scope.

10/22, has to be how you have to finess the bolt to get it back on the charging handle when reassembling them after cleaning. Thats always a pain.

Despite that i find.both great guns.

Reactions: rmichael63

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Trying to stir the pot aye? o_O
Jason, I say that because I know, you my friend can hold their own...................... :p My money is on you..........

Reactions: Tacky

·
"The Real Deal"
7,081 Posts
Jason, I say that because I know, you my friend can hold their own...................... :p My money is on you..........
Ive never been one to retreat, thats why i have 4 burnt up fire helmets hanging on my wall that cannot be used anymore. :love:

121 - 140 of 162 Posts