Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How horrible and how sad...how incredibly sad that in a CCW state, licensees are forbidden to carry on campus, and there was noone to stop that madman...not one person to stop him from shooting over 50 people...can we not hope that someone might get the idea that we need a salting of responsible gun owners in all venues of society to give us a fighting chance when a weak mind snaps...how these lives have been wasted-how many families have been touched....smashed...is it important that we who can...do...carry every day? God help those poor families....God help it to wake us all up to reality...this is not the world we grew up in......but we need to face it as it really is...

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
I agree 100% with you. Unless it's somewhere I am likely to get caught carrying (court house, police station) I am probably carrying mine.

If something like this happens in an area I am not supposed to be carrying and I had to use my handgun in self-defense, the legal issues of my handgun carrying will be the least of my worries.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup-in Texas they call that the lesser evil-yes, you broke a law-yes, you saved human life and it is excused...if only ONE person had ....why say it again...once again, our government superceded the will of the people-here is the result...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes a very sad day and don't hold your breath as the Liberals will blaim the object and call for new laws to save the children. If only the criminals would obey the laws.....

They arm Israeli teachers and we don't hear of mass school shootings but here in the land of the free we have firearm free school zones that call for zero firearms or face jail time. When will America wake up? I hope and pray it's before the real terrorists start to strike us here at home!

Robert

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
The death toll seems to be around 31 now, and wont have the ICU reports for another few days.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Just In:
My wife knows someone who goes to Va Tech and word is the shooter got pissed off at his girlfriend over the weekend, and came into her dorm this morning and shot her first. He then left and later came back and this time decided to go out with a bang.

What a (beep) (beep) (beep) (beep)!

I am glad his ass is dead, just ashamed he took so many people with him.

·
Forum Founder
3,639 Posts
I have always been of the opinion that Teachers should be able to carry just like anyone else. I find myself avoiding all places possible where I can't carry.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
quote:Originally posted by gunman42782

This is just awful. Just listen for the calls for more gun control tomorrow.
Not if Michelle Malkin has anything to say about it. Did you hear her on O'Reilly? I caught the very end of her comments, but she seemed to be strongly making the argument that armed citizens are often the only thing that can stop things like this. I'd like to read a transcript and see how her remarks started, but that's what it sounded like.

·
Registered
18 Posts
This horrible incident will be taken to mean we need tigher gun control laws, some liberal will say, "see if guns are outlawed this would not have happened". The media, being mostly liberal will also jump in and agree. I can guarantee that no one will come out and say if a few people were armed on campus, this tragedy would have been far less tragic.

As Archie bumker told meat head, "would it make you feel better if the people were pushed out of windows?"

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey, Doc-it's already been said in the post before yours-watch the next airing of O'Reilly on Fox tonight-we DO have a voice!!!

·
Registered
2,412 Posts

As long as they restrain law abiding citizens from the right to protect themselves, this is going to continue....

I just read the first press accounts to our local paper this morning... some heads are going to role on this one. From the time of the first shootings in the dorm, to when the first warning was recieved via e-mail to all campass computers, it was over 2 hours. During this time, the suspect had moved acrossed the campass to begin again.

My wife asked me, "arent you suppose to feel safe at school" I told her, you are, but when your rights are curtailed for defending yourself.... the administrators run the risk.

Rep, someone will get their hands slapped and yes, someone will scream we need more stricter gun laws.

There are over 40,000 gun laws on the books today, and not one of them is enforced... go figure.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
What I don't understand is why didn't any of the students defend themselves? It is coming out now, that the gunman lined up ~22 students against a wall and started shooting them execution style. If 3 or 4 students would of rushed the guy, I am sure they could of over-powered him.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Keith Smith

What I don't understand is why didn't any of the students defend themselves? It is coming out now, that the gunman lined up ~22 students against a wall and started shooting them execution style. If 3 or 4 students would of rushed the guy, I am sure they could of over-powered him.
I've debated posting this, because I want to be fair. I can't imagine what those kids encountered and I do not know how I would react in such a situation. Stories of bravery will undoubtedly surface, and some - as is often the case - are never told because no witnesses to it survived.

But I can't help but think that academia in general seems to try awfully, awfully hard to paint a picture of a world in which this kind of evil simply does not, can not, exist. Blurring the lines between good and evil, depicting a good and noble nation like ours as strictly a self-serving aggressor. Don't let the military recruit on school grounds. If we can just get Bush out of Iraq everyone will like us.

Think about those poor girls in Amish country a while back. They truly had very little capacity to comprehend the evil that befell that schoolhouse that day. In a way, college kids today seem to be being groomed for a similar naivety.

I may, as I have been known to do, be talking out my ass. Just a thought I had. If it's pounded into your head that there is no evil (outside of the Bush administration), is that enough to fill those crucial decisive moments when they arise with thoughts like 'how can this be happening?' instead of 'if five of us do something can we save the last three people in this line?' I don't know. But I in no way wish to blame any of these students for not acting. I just am not and never will be in a position to do so.

·
Code Slinger
2,202 Posts
Perhaps this incident will inspire training for terrorist situations. If schools and buildings practice fire drills, why not terrorist drills? With just a little training on how to come together and over-run a terrorist I think our society would be better able to defend itself against psychotic criminals like this.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
quote:Originally posted by Keith Smith

BECAUSE THEY ARE ALL SHEEP. IT'S WHAT THEY HAVE BEEN TRAINED TO DO.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
EddieF---you are, by the wisdom expressed in your post, officially over the hill...younguns don't have that much discernment very often.. "There is no evil, no danger, no wrong, and everything will probably turn out OK if we just wait and hope." IS the way society thinks...in this and other countries...they equate a loud stern voice giving commands with meanness, ANY violence to stop evil as barbaric, and do not teach the young men and women to do what it takes to stop evil and survive, even at risk of death. I've taught and retaught my sons...don't sit and wait...do something to make a difference...it's not about being a macho hero...it's about being a real man or woman...and it must be taught by example...when kids grow up watching mom and dad roll over and put up with anything in business, gov't, neighborhood problems, etc., all they know is roll over and be quiet and don't stir up a fuss and we'll all be OK....NOT SO....we must teach the sheeple to growl, bark, scratch and bite to the last drop of blood...some will learn...many will recoil in horror at being told to respond that way...and they will feed the wolves quite well. I and mine may someday be dinner for the wolves, but I guarantee they won't feel much like eating when they get us killed and we'll give them one hell of a bellyache when they do devour us.Jimbo is right-it's training....as sheepdogs, we can only teach those who will be taught to have a getyouonthewaydown attitude and fight to the death...if they're too soft, the wolves will grow fat. That's true at every level of society, whether in our local streets or on the world scene. We will never be popular, people will always look at us sideways, talk about us poorly, and be uncomfortable around us...but on a dark night when something goes bump....they'll beg us to show up and confront the evil...and we will because that's who we are...and that's what we do...Semper Fi!!!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts