Ruger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I noticed Mcarbo is no longer selling the extra power recoil spring for the Ruger PC carbine. I wrote them and they just said it was discontinued. I don't see the trigger springs either on their site? Anyone no what's up with that? Are the springs faulty?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Cat Herder
1,637 Posts
So I noticed Mcarbo is no longer selling the extra power recoil spring. I wrote them and they just said it was discontinued. I don't see the trigger springs either on their site? Anyone no what's up with that? Are the springs faulty?

Recoil spring for what? The post is in Ruger Semi-auto so you are leaving us all guessing.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I apologize, for the Ruger PC carbine.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Honestly, probably because the recoil spring is unnecessary? I added one in mine and noticed zero difference. The steel retainer and buffer were an upgrade enough. Some folks have also said that the spring change affected their cycling sometimes. So.......

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Honestly, probably because the recoil spring is unnecessary? I added one in mine and noticed zero difference. The steel retainer and buffer were an upgrade enough. Some folks have also said that the spring change affected their cycling sometimes. So.......
That was my first thought. I noticed they still sell the buffer pad and retainer. I read in some of the reviews for the buffer that people were having issues with the bolt holding open on a empty mag. Wanted to see if anyone knew for sure though. I need to get mine to the range. I actually ordered the recoil reduction kit from them a while back which included the spring but I haven't gotten a chance to shoot it yet with all the crazy stuff going on right now.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I also noticed the trigger spring kit was not on their website. Makes me wonder if they discontinued that too.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From mcarbo.

"We had a few customers report issues with the recoil spring and we have decided to discontinue it. The issue appears to be sporadic and does not occur in all firearms and we believe the issue is due to tolerance variance in the factory ruger parts. If you are experiencing any issues with your current PC parts please let me know and we will offer a full refund once they are returned to Mcarbo."

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, this is something I won't have to concern myself with then.....WHEN Ruger decides to send my new PC-9 back to me! Bolt wouldn't close when I brought it home after buying it. Fed-X just picked it up yesterday, after leaving it sitting at my FFL for 10 days!

·
Emperor
885 Posts
I installed the trigger spring kit in my Ruger PCC 9 and carefully measured trigger pull weight before and after with a Lyman gauge. There was zero reduction in pull weight, nada.

·
Banned
24 Posts
I’ve had issues that I’ve worked through with mine had to leave the factory reset spring in and use Mcarbo sear and spring and an extra heavy duty hammer spring to make mine work all the time

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I’ve had issues that I’ve worked through with mine had to leave the factory reset spring in and use Mcarbo sear and spring and an extra heavy duty hammer spring to make mine work all the time
Where did you get the extra heavy duty hammer spring at? I'd like to find a heavier reset spring for mine personally. My trigger pull consistently at 5lb which i'm okay with but the reset is horribly long.

·
Banned
24 Posts
Use the Mcarbo sear and spring leave your Original trigger reset in and a power custom extra power hammer for a Ruger 10/22

·
Registered
8 Posts
I put the mcarbo recoil spring in my PC and shot a few hundred rounds through. Ran flawlessly and seemed to soften the recoil.

I have the old spring on standby in case I have problems.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I guess I was lucky with my PC Carbine. My trigger pull has been consistently in the 3's. Of course before I start bragging I will need to shoot it. I can't believe it has been sitting on my table for over a week and I have not fired it. This gun purchase has been a little stressful due to the lack of things I would like to have first. Plenty of ammo, extra magazines (I bought 3 Glock mags but I bought them in 10mm) -smart. Plus my wife has been watching all the credit card bills like a hawk. I think this probably comes from me going nuts building up my 10/22. I wish I had a little more will power-maybe when I grow up, I'm only 68 now.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Almost a year since I installed my Mcarbo Spring and only got the chance to bring it to the range to test it and have my daughter shoot for the first time. It was a disaster, lol. Out of 10 rounds I was lucky to have 2-3 that would successfully fire. The rest just won't go into battery. Never had this issue before with the factory recoil spring. Daughter was able to have a lot of time racking the charging handle, lol.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Almost a year since I installed my Mcarbo Spring and only got the chance to bring it to the range to test it and have my daughter shoot for the first time. It was a disaster, lol. Out of 10 rounds I was lucky to have 2-3 that would successfully fire. The rest just won't go into battery. Never had this issue before with the factory recoil spring. Daughter was able to have a lot of time racking the charging handle, lol.
Do you think the spring is not strong enough? I have had some trouble with my PC but after fooling around with it some I thought maybe that screw wheel right where the two halves come together might not have been adjusted correctly so I messed with it a little. I have not had a chance to try it out yet but I am hoping. I had this problem with my 10/22 once and this fixed it. We will see..

·
Registered
200 Posts
Do you think the spring is not strong enough? I have had some trouble with my PC but after fooling around with it some I thought maybe that screw wheel right where the two halves come together might not have been adjusted correctly so I messed with it a little. I have not had a chance to try it out yet but I am hoping. I had this problem with my 10/22 once and this fixed it. We will see..
The only thing that I changed which started this issue was the new Mcarbo Recoil spring. Never had this problem before. Well at least taught my daughter how to rack the charging handle properly, lol. I had back on the stock recoil spring now. Can't wait to get back to range. They only sell 100 rounds limit per session. Rounds available only for range users.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The only thing that I changed which started this issue was the new Mcarbo Recoil spring. Never had this problem before. Well at least taught my daughter how to rack the charging handle properly, lol. I had back on the stock recoil spring now. Can't wait to get back to range. They only sell 100 rounds limit per session. Rounds available only for range users.
what do they charge for shells?

·
Registered
200 Posts
what do they charge for shells?
Went back to the range today after putting back the Stock recoil string. Same problem. After inspecting the shells ,,,,,, with my eyeglasses this time..... seems like a light primer strike. I just re-installed the stock trigger springs. Testing this on Saturday. Well I paid for $54 for an hour range time with 100 rounds of American Eagle 9mm

1 - 19 of 19 Posts