Ruger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They are suppose to be the prmiere gun repair shop there is in Texas. Well I am not so sure of that, first part of last month I took a S$W Mod 14 to them it needed a center pin. I had ordered on but it was too short I had the right part number. But I made the big misstake of ordering the center pin from Numich gun parts. I should have ordered just the center pin from S&W, lesson learned there as well. So I decided well I'll take don't there to them, as I talked with this so called gun smith. He had all sorta idea's as to what it could be or might be. The cylinder wouldn't open, not hard to figure out or at least I thought so. A week later he agree's with me, glad I don't to pay him by the hour.
Been waiting parts, the parts person can't seem to order the part needed. I talked with S&W yesterday, they have 17,000 on hand. And they are a phone call away. So later this morning I will be making a trip tp them to get my gun back and no I don't think I'll be going back. I now believe that there are really bubba gunsmiths out there. These lesson are hard to learn sometimes but I have learned.
Ya know it just seems to me that dealer's would keep in mind that a happy customer brings in business and an unhappy customer close's business's.
I do play to talk to the MGR. and let him or her know why I am picking up my gun. After all it can't be fixed if the higher up doesn't know there is something wrong.
I won't be taking anything back there, for all the trouble I have had with them I could have sent the gun back to S&W. And from now on I think I am going to start doing just that. I would have had my gun back by now. And it would have been fixed

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
...and then the people who do a half-a..ed unconcerned non-committed job can't understand why they get laid off and told business is down...

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sheepdog,
The gunsmith wrote right on my claim ticket that the customer was tired of waitting for parts. And especially in todays time and age with internet acess. A pissed off customer can reach millions in a few seconds. Oh BTW, no one wanted to speak to me as to why I was taking my gun out of their shop. They were to busy trying to sell. I will of course share my story with whom ever will listen after all I wouldn't want some one else to go through this.
But your right sheepdog wonder why business down, yea I wonder.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
McBrides use to be the place to go to whenever I got sent to Austin to one of those DPS sponsered schools at their academy. Skipped alot of dinners just to get in there and look around a bit. Sorry to hear that it has slipped into such a state of operation.
One of these days maybe i'll get down towards houston to that Carter Country store. they are suspose to be purtty big and last i heard have a good rep.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the cylinder open now and the center pin out, its not the one that was in there. They took another one and cut it down, they cut it way too short. Some gunsmither guess he never heard of calipers. I'll be ordering one from Smith& Wesson later this month along with a the target triger and hammer.
Put a set on my 686 really like the 686 before but now I just love it. Yea this old gun just needed me is all. I would have been futhure a head just sending it back to Smith & Wesson to have it fixed. Win some loose some.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm glad I found a smaller shop that seems to know what they are doing. There is a long waiting line to use their Smith.

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well that just means to me that the smith is good and knows what he is doing. But its hard to wait. I could have had this gun fixed and firing it had I sent it back to Smith & Wesson.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts