Ruger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone use these, good reviews and I can get them local any probs with leading in 44mag

·
Super Moderator
21,477 Posts
I have not used any 44 bullets but have purchased DEWC's for 38 Spl. The bullets were well made, sized properly and the lube was in the appropriate grooves and not splattered about. I didn't have leading but kept the WC loads with enough pressure to seal up and that was it. I had no problems other than an older revolver showing pressure with them. It just did not like that bullet configuration. The rest of my revolvers had no problem. They do a good job and I would buy from them again. I have also used Missouri and like their bullets as well.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Purchase bullets sized to fit your gun and you prolly won't have any leading probs...

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
I've used Meister's for years, great bullets and great people to deal with. You shouldn't have any leading problems at any reasonable velocity.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Purchase bullets sized to fit your gun and you prolly won't have any leading probs...
+1

Leading has to do mainly with fit to gun, so it depends on what doesn't lead in your gun, not mine...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Meister makes great bullets and charges for it.
I find mastercastbullets.com and Penn Bullets to be as good and less expensive.
Call and talk to the company about the size bullets you need and how to determine this or place a SMALL order (generally, 100 but ask if you can get a smaller sample). If you get leading, tell them WHERE in the barrel and they can help you determine if you need a larger diameter or softer alloy (most commercial bullets are already too hard and I have NEVER needed a smaller bullet).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts