Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
One Star
9,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering with the forum new look,is membership up or down from what it was in the old forum?

·
Exchequer
4,493 Posts
Official answer: yes. :p

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
IMHO if some of the people who left had given the new look a chance they would change their minds about it. I did and think the new look is great especially the black screen. Not counting all the advertisements I think it's great.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,315 Posts
More people left when restrictions were put on the Minefield.

I like the new look and the buttons and other features that come with it.

Even my avatar is no longer limited to the old limit of 25KB(?). That gave me a chuckle as it reminded me of my first job when I was one of the few privileged ones to have an external hard drive of 10MB.

·
Cat Herder
1,629 Posts
The ads are annoying. The classifieds listings being among the new posts is annoying. The multi-quote thing is weird and it's easier to just use reply. My phone kind of freezes up with it from time to time too.

Upsides, posting with pictures is way easier. No more having to just attach it or having to upload from a different site.

Improvements that I'd like to see include an autoclosure of inactive threads. Thread necromancy has been a little crazy. I saw one the other day that was several years old and had been revived multiple times.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I am pretty sure that I didn't like it when the changes were first made, now I don't remember what it was that I didn't like. I am not a fan of change 'just because', but as I recall there wasn't much choice about changing this forum, the old format wasn't compatible with much.
I don't see many adds, perhaps because I don't look in the classifieds often they do not show up in new posts for me, or maybe there is a 'setting' that enables them?
Anyway, I am quite pleased with the overall change!

Bruce

·
Registered
16,995 Posts
I wish they would've left the Location option under the user name. Sometimes it helps knowing where someone is located before answering a question.

Reactions: mndoggie

·
Registered
369 Posts
It took a little time getting use to but I like it Especially the New post and Popular button . I work in a hospital so Change is definitely a necessity .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts