Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ruger MK II, 10" blue. Burris scope.
I decided to hit a couple of pawn shops this morning, and darn it, I found one.
Really happy with the price, only $425 out the door.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Trying to wait until deer season is over, I have several to try out, but this one may not be able to wait.

·
Registered
13 Posts
That's quite a collection. My warm weather carry is a Keltec 3AT with a laser but for cooler temps I have a Para P-12LDA in a shoulder rig. I would get another to have twins but I cant see getting a dozen!
Do you just pick these up when you catch a deal or are each of them different in some major way? I am new to Ruger so please educate me...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
That's quite a collection. My warm weather carry is a Keltec 3AT with a laser but for cooler temps I have a Para P-12LDA in a shoulder rig. I would get another to have twins but I cant see getting a dozen!
Do you just pick these up when you catch a deal or are each of them different in some major way? I am new to Ruger so please educate me...

Left to right, top to bottom.
Red box is 50th anniversary model
standard 6"
Mark I
Mark I

Second row
Mark III w/scope
standard 4"
standard 4"
standard 4"
standard 6"
standard 6"

Third row
Mark II SS 10"
Mark II SS Target model heavy tapered barel
Mark II SS Target model heavy tapered barrel
Mark II SS bull barrel
Mark II SS 6" Tapered
Mark II SS 4" Tapered

4th row
Mark II blue bull barrel
Mark II Blue 6"

I actually traded off one of the Mark II SS heavy tapered barrel guns, and have picked up an unfired Mark II 6" BLUE, the blue Mark II 10", Mark II SS 6" tapered and a Mark III 22/45 lite. I need to take another family picture. A lot of the standards are just different year models. And the Mark II'S are mostly barrel differences, you just have to shoot different ones and see what feels the best to you. I will say I am not a huge Mark III fan, I dont care for the plastic load chamber indicator. And if you look at this forum, lots of people have Mark III issues for one reason or another. The Mark II's are my favorite.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts