Ruger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my LGS today and had finished my (meh) shooting and was hanging around waiting to check out. It was quite busy but I wasn't in any hurry anyway and was checking out the rental guns and doing a little talking and just kind of hanging out.

Standing next to me was a guy and his maybe 13-14 year old daughter in the 5'2" range. She was a little noticeable for her (natural looking) long fiery bright red hair. The Dad and I exchanged a few words on the guns we were looking at and found out we're both kind of interested in the LC9S. The girl was looking a little too and seemed pleasant but quiet.

Then the range lady, a mid to late 20's competitive shooter, asked the girl how her competitions were going. That got a couple of the other guys involved too. She's won the last three she's entered. She apparently comes in as her quiet self and kicks butt and takes names. The range lady told me that I don't want to shoot against this little girl. She said they're 2-2 against each other and all 4 were tight. One of the guys said he's watched her and "she just don't ever miss".

The girl was at that embarrassed but a little bit pleased state. Dad, on the other hand, was just about to absolutely bust with pride in his daughter. It really was fun to watch.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Very awesome indeed. His pride is well founded. Good on him for getting her involved with shooting. Good on her for giving it all she's got.

·
Spellign Bee Champ
15,408 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
That's wonderful. As proud as I am of my 24 yr old daughter it sure would be nice to have another thing in common as in shooting. I'll never press the issue, she has her own interests but maybe some day. Good on you Planeguy!

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
Great story. Good on Dad, excellent on Her. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts