Ruger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
US Constitution Defender
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Michigan State House passes bill to end many No Gun Zones

LANSING, Mich. (Detroit Free Press) -- Changes to the concealed weapons law passed the state House Thursday evening, allowing highly trained gun owners to carry their weapons in formerly verboten places, like schools, day care centers, stadiums and churches.

Schools, however, and privately owned facilities could opt out of the new law if they don't want people carrying guns in their buildings.

The gun bill also requires the Michigan State Police, rather than local law enforcement, to maintain gun permitting records. Police said it was crucial to have at least one agency hold on to records, citing the I-96 shooter case last month, which was solved in part, by going back through gun records.

State Rep. Joel Johnson, R-Clare, called the bill a "pro-public safety bill because it allowed gun owners to be an "asset" to public safety in volatile situations.

read the rest here: State House passes bill allowing concealed weapons in schools, day care centers, stadiums, churches | wzzm13.com

·
Registered
267 Posts
We are still waiting to see if it gets signed by the govenor. The school shooting on Friday has things muddied up.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
When I was in Arkansas a long time ago, we had a sniper problem. He killed a woman driving toward Littlerock one morning. Soon there were seven copycats around the state. One day a guy was traveling the same route when the windshield and back cab window of is truck took a direct hit. He pulled off the road and grabbed for his H&K .308 semiauto rifle from his window rack. He did spot the sniper going up a hill towards a treeline and managed to hit him in the leg. He held teh shooter until the state police arrived. The copycat shooters were never heard from after that.

·
Ausmerican.
42,767 Posts
When I was in Arkansas a long time ago, we had a sniper problem. He killed a woman driving toward Littlerock one morning. Soon there were seven copycats around the state. One day a guy was traveling the same route when the windshield and back cab window of is truck took a direct hit. He pulled off the road and grabbed for his H&K .308 semiauto rifle from his window rack. He did spot the sniper going up a hill towards a treeline and managed to hit him in the leg. He held the shooter until the state police arrived. The copycat shooters were never heard from after that.
Needs to be a lot more of that happening.

·
Reloader
4,138 Posts
Michigan State House passes bill to end many No Gun Zones

LANSING, Mich. (Detroit Free Press) -- Changes to the concealed weapons law passed the state House Thursday evening, allowing highly trained gun owners to carry their weapons in formerly verboten places, like schools, day care centers, stadiums and churches.

Schools, however, and privately owned facilities could opt out of the new law if they don't want people carrying guns in their buildings.

The gun bill also requires the Michigan State Police, rather than local law enforcement, to maintain gun permitting records. Police said it was crucial to have at least one agency hold on to records, citing the I-96 shooter case last month, which was solved in part, by going back through gun records.

State Rep. Joel Johnson, R-Clare, called the bill a "pro-public safety bill because it allowed gun owners to be an "asset" to public safety in volatile situations.

read the rest here: State House passes bill allowing concealed weapons in schools, day care centers, stadiums, churches | wzzm13.com

Great post..

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
When I was in Arkansas a long time ago, we had a sniper problem. He killed a woman driving toward Littlerock one morning. Soon there were seven copycats around the state. One day a guy was traveling the same route when the windshield and back cab window of is truck took a direct hit. He pulled off the road and grabbed for his H&K .308 semiauto rifle from his window rack. He did spot the sniper going up a hill towards a treeline and managed to hit him in the leg. He held teh shooter until the state police arrived. The copycat shooters were never heard from after that.
The way to stop these cowards is to fight back.... They start receiving incoming fire and they run ....

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Great post. In Texas a gunman drove his truck into a restaurant and then began killing people at random. When the police arrived an officer fired a warning shot for some reason. This was before he had seen the shooter. The gunman ran to a bathroom, locked the door, and then put a final bullet where it should have gone all along. The warning shot was all that was required. Gunman only want to bring terror to those that can't defend themselves. Now that is something that should be included in a "meaningful discussion".

·
US Constitution Defender
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you to Stoble & Beerman :)

Most Politicians who went along with the "No Gun Zones" legislation in the first place are too defensive to admit openly what the statistics have proven...

"No Gun Zones" = Safe Kill Boxes For Terrorist Cowards

What I find even more offensive is while knowing the statistics, many of the politicians continue bitterly clinging to their NGZs anyway as if the imagined threat from good guys & gals with legal carry guns justifies the safety afforded the bad guys as if no one should be trusted regardless, until forever.

Yet who among the licensed driving public is not trusted with a deadly weapon also known as a motorized vehicle until proven not to be trustworthy?

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
Did I hear correctly that this was vetoed?

·
Registered
414 Posts
Im glad one state has it right for a change, now why is it that a Blue State leads the way instead of a so called "Red" state? Thats what I wanna know?

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Don't have any hard facts to back up this story, so take it for what its worth.

Many years ago when I worked with a university security department I heard a veteran police sergeant talking about the effects of bad guys getting shot by police and armed citizens. He said that if a police shooting occurred in a certain neighborhood that crimes of all types would decrease in that area by about 20% for a couple of months. But if a BG was shot by an armed citizen, the crime rate would drop by about 80%. Word gets out, and the BG's lose interest in an area that they see as higher risk.

·
US Constitution Defender
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cowardly Political Lions... preserving the Criminals' Right To Safely Shoot Innocent People Unopposed In The Heat Of Carnage.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Don't have any hard facts to back up this story, so take it for what its worth.

Many years ago when I worked with a university security department I heard a veteran police sergeant talking about the effects of bad guys getting shot by police and armed citizens. He said that if a police shooting occurred in a certain neighborhood that crimes of all types would decrease in that area by about 20% for a couple of months. But if a BG was shot by an armed citizen, the crime rate would drop by about 80%. Word gets out, and the BG's lose interest in an area that they see as higher risk.
That would be an awesome research project for some PhD student.

Shame is that the product would be accepted by the reds and rejected by the blues just off of ideology.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't be too sure he is unarmed..........A lot of these anti-gun politicians have guns....It's OK for them to protect themselves,,Chuck Shumer, Nancy Pelosi,to name a couple, the rest have armed guards,,but it's not OK for us.............TD

1 - 20 of 23 Posts