Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm pretty new here. So far I like the forum a lot.
I live in Michigan, where we have (annoying) handgun registration laws. I sent a GP100 to Ruger for warranty work, they are sending me a new gun through my local FFL (p.s. great customer service experience all the way around). They said they'd include a letter explaining that the serial number is getting swapped.
MY question is... do you think the letter will be enough to get my name disassociated from the old serial # ?? Obviously, when I fill out paperwork on accepting the new serial #, I'll get papers for that one, so I'm not concerned about that.

Also, how lame is it to have a handgun registry?? But that's a different topic for a different day.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Just contact MSP firearms devision. They will take care of everything.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Contact MSP firearms division. Provide them with copies of your correspondence with River. They will get the records updated.
I has returned a Remington R51 for a refund and I was able to get that gun out of my name in the Michigan registry. They even provided me with proof for my records.
FWIW, not sure how long Michigan has had handgun registration, but I have the "owners green copy" of one that my Grandfather registered in 1927.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts