Ruger Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Midway USA and Customer Service

5K views 33 replies 33 participants last post by  rman 
#1 ·
Guys I have owned a MidwayUSA 1292 Tumbler now for serveral years.. they no longer carry it in the catalog. But I e-mailed them today just to see what kind of warrenty it carried as it just quit working.

They said to box it up, send it in and they will replace it this time for nothing. Even though it will cost me shipping one way, I couldn't be happier about their response, especially on a Sunday even.

Just wanted to give you all a report on their customer service.

http://www.midwayusa.com

#5 ·
Midway is great to deal with. I bought a while back the "Wheeler Engineering 89 piece Professional gunsmithing screwdriver set" and after a while I noticed one of the handle shafts was out of round. I called them up asking for a replacement and offered to send the handle back and they said just to keep it and they will ship two new handles, both sizes.

Great company that takes care of the customer!

Robert

#7 ·
I believe Midway is Battenfeld Tech. which includes Wheeler, Franklin Arsenal, Tipon, Fajen, Caldwell, Adams & Bennett and other names.
Shooting industy companies are outstanding overall for customer service.
Think about RCBS, Leupold, Michael's of Oregon, Sierra Bullets and on and on! These are people who have names and will listen as well as talk to you about their products and your problems.
If only other consumer products were so customer friendly and responsible!

SD

#16 ·
Overall I've had the best luck with Midway! They try to get it to you faster and cheaper.
Midsouth is also good on many items. I've also used natchez and lock Stock & Barrel.
I really try to avoid Cheaperthandirt and Sportsmans Guide.
Brownells has it all but you pay for your thrills!:)

SD

#18 ·
Good to know. I have placed many orders with Midway but I have never had the need to try out their customer service. I hope it stays that way but it is nice to know that if I need something they most likely will go the extra mile for me. I like to support companies that take care of their customers.

#21 ·
I really like Midway, real nice bunch of people who actually know what they're doing, as do many of the people in the companies that support our hobby.

#25 ·
Just thought I'd pile the support for MidwayUSA. I've had great service from them. Not too long ago I ordered a roll-pin punch set. An open shipping envelop arrived a few days later with nothing but the sales slip. I called Midway to tell them what happened. Before I could even finish explaining the fellow who answered the phone said that a new one would be shipped that day. I got it a couple of days later.

Chris

#26 ·
I have the C&R license so I get the dealer's discount from Midway...

... and a month or two ago I had ordered (among other things) 2 - 500 round boxes of Hornady .357 dia 158 grain lead hollow point bullets from them.

Well, when they arrived, both of the cardboard Hornady boxes were broken open (due to rough handling by UPS) and between the 2 boxes, 106 bullets were missing because the outer shipping box had some openings in the taped seams.

I contacted Midway and told them, and they said they had only 1 - 100 round box of those bullets and would send them right out to me along with a $5 credit towards my next order. I said "great!" and was satisfied with that solution. But....It doesn't end there:

Later that evening I get a phone call from a Midway manager and he said they had erred and that they were out of stock on the 100 round boxes and it would be up to 1 month before they would have them back in stock. But since they still had boxes of 500, he'd send that to me instead!

The 500 rounds arrived (again the cardboard Hornady box was broken openand leaking a few bullets, but this time they were all contained by the outer shipping box).

But this STILL isn't the end...

A few weeks later another box (of 100 rounds) arrived too!

So for the loss of 106 rounds, they replaced them with 600 rounds total plus a $5 credit on my next order!!!:D

Now THAT'S great Customer Service!

RonJon

#27 ·
There was a recall on one of the Midway case tumblers (vibratory) 10 or 12 years ago. Mine was one of them. It quit working and I looked it over and noticed the wire nuts had been crimped on so hard they had severed the wiring. I guess that must have been the issue with them as the motor is really the only moving part. Midway seems to get more and more of my buisness as the years go on. I still like looking at Graf & Son and Natchez Shooter Supply, (and Brownells for the technical hard to find stuff) Natchez and Midway have the best monthly flier thats almost like getting a free magazine subscription . The monthly from Dillion has some nice articles in it too, but except for the dillion super swage 600 I only use Lee Percision Equipment. Lee stuff is cheap and works great. If you break it your doing it wrong, it's that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.