Ruger Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy guys, would it he possible to have a Novak dovetail milled into a gutter sight gp100?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
Yep. The Wiley Clapp model comes that way. Tried to upload a pic, but couldn’t do it. You can Google it to get an idea.

·
Registered
480 Posts
The Clapp model is left more of a flattop and has more "meat" to dovetail into. Notice also the front sight is also raised.
I believe you would be best served to sell your gun and buy the Clapp if a Novak is what you want.

·
Registered
1,972 Posts
I believe the front sight height on the fixed sight regular GP models is 0.185". As a comparison I think the SP101 models have a 0.155". I would look through the online Novak catalog ( Novak Designs Inc. - Products ) and see if you can find a model of the correct height. If you are cutting the dovetail anyhow it does not need a Ruger sight per se but a sight of the correct height. If it is a rear sight you want to install I imagine you could cut the dovetail and do any necessary milling of a flat pad to go underneath the sight. You will need a taller front sight to go with it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies fellas. I actually already have a Wiley Clapp and match champ with the Novak rear haha, but I'll see how the gutter sight does before doing anything crazy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts