Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About 10yrs. ago I purchased a Mini-14 (just loved the look of it). It had a never ending problem with the mag. follower not engaging the bolt stop on the last round. I purchased several different mags. including Ruger factory mags. I sent the rifle back to Ruger, they sent it back said it was all better. WRONG!!! I finally gave up and sold it. If it had just been the lack of lockback I might have kept it, but when it failed to lockback the bolt would shove the follower forward jamming the mag. and eventually ruining the mag. Is this a common problem? Does the Mini-30 suffer the same defect? I would love to have another but not if its going to be the same ordeal.

Thanks Deadeye

Woops I guess I should have posted in semi-auto rifles. Sorry!

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
i've owned a min 14 and 30 before and never had that kind of problem with factory mags.

I'm hopeing to hear some good reports on the accuracy of these new mini's that are coming out with a different barrel profile.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
I have owned 4 Minis and never had that happen, not ever. You might not be able to hit the broad side of a barn with a Mini, but the ones I owned have been 100% reliable.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Never had that problem with my Mini-30 and now that I had ASI rebarrel it to 6.5 grendel I can shoot the knots out of the wood on the barn door from outside it(as opposed to before when I could barely hit the broadside of the barn from inside it):eek:;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts