Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new mini 14 that I am customizing, and I thought a bayonet would be a nice touch. I was just wondering if anyone else has done this, and if you have, where could i get a bayonet mount? Thanks!:)

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
THe Mini-14 was never fitted with a bayonet lug; only the Ruger AC-556 (Selective fire version of the Mini-14) was designed with a bayonet lug that would fit the M7 bayonet. Do a search and you'll see several flash hider combo bayonet lugs. You might even find a AC-556 lug you could adapt. Just remember the mini didn't come factory with one, so know your local laws on doing it, ie. California etc.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The Law Enforcement GB model had a bayonet lug. Personally, I think a bayonet is a mistake on that skinny barrel. It wouldn't take a lot to bend the barrel.

Flash

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Welcome Ebartlett, didn't notice that was your first post. Nice job, great question. I was just thinking, if your handy with metal working I would think you could use a H-Bar set up and work a lug into one. I was looking at the latest H-Bar rig and it now has light and lazer holders on either side, a lug on the bottom with a modified flash hider would be the trick.

·
"The Real Deal"
7,201 Posts
welcome..

I have seen an adapter for the standard mini 14 that allowed the use of the m7 bayonet found on the ar. It was basically two circular halfs that clamped around the barrel with 2 torx head bolts pulling each side togather. It has the exact same bayonet lug as the front sight lug on the preban style AR rifles. Let me see if I can find the link for it. Had a friend that had one on a stainless version atleast 12 or 15 years ago, but was purchased before the first awb.

Also requires a flashider a2 for the m7 to work or a bushing placed in the bayonet to fit the smaller 580 series ruger mini's.

found it here it is....

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/ARR-044

·
Registered
3,207 Posts
The Law Enforcement GB model had a bayonet lug. Personally, I think a bayonet is a mistake on that skinny barrel. It wouldn't take a lot to bend the barrel.

Flash
Yep, the GB models had both a flash hider and a bayonet lug. They were strictly semi-autos, not select-fire guns.

:D

·
Banned
513 Posts

Flash
What?!? What do you people think the barrel is made of, plastic? :confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts