Ruger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,156 Posts
Binrat i assume your Mini-14 is registered with your government! Hope not, might want to make a water proof container out of 6-8 inch diameter abs or pvc pipe with glued on threaded ends & a cap on the other end. Just incase your Mini needs a place to sleep & not be disturbed!!!:cool::rolleyes:

·
Registered
370 Posts
I read the article and did not see where it mentioned the Mini14 , did I miss something? I sure hope that that this stupidity does not pass, I would hate to see you guys have to give up anything. Especially the Minis. Good luck.

·
Registered
365 Posts
The Libs will put a spin on anything in order to fit their agenda. I'd assume that full autos are already illegal. If someone is illegally modifying a mini then enforce the existing law. We know what their objective is.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read the article and did not see where it mentioned the Mini14 , did I miss something? I sure hope that that this stupidity does not pass, I would hate to see you guys have to give up anything. Especially the Minis. Good luck.
The mini was used by Marc Lepine in 1989. he used it with a 20 round mag.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would rather give it away for gas than turn it in. Maybe a member south of me....

·
"The Real Deal"
8,116 Posts
More statisticsless pander. I have never heard of any crimes in Canada involving high capacity firearms. As for the converting thing, its not that simple, unless you are a machinist and know (exactly) what to do. You would also have to manufacture or mill your own parts. It would seem that then it would have to be tested, which would attract attention by the way, or could dismember or mame if it didn't work. Not to mention it could become a runaway gun, and uncontrolled also causing collateral damage or death. In any instance a very dangerous situation. Thats why it took designers many years in some instances to produce full auto firearms for the military, government, and law enforcement. Its not that simple.

I can only think of maybe 2 times that has actually happened here in the US, one of which being the North Hollywood Shootout in California.( also note that california has some of the strictest laws, and local police where fined by the atf for illegally borrowing firearms to fight back.) The fine for such illegal activity here in the US is 25 year sentence, and $250, 000 fine. But those who wish to commit the crimes do not care about the consequences. But my thing is just because it looks like it does not mean its the same. An ar15 is not an m16, m1a is not an m14, and so on. If thats the case i have some rocks that are beautiful 50 karat diamonds thay can buy. And its not as easy as taking a paperclip, and some duct tape and making a full auto. But the ones that think you can, have no clue, or understanding of the workings of firearms. The probably still believe in the tooth fairy, and leprechauns, or have seen to many movies.

I see the anti's here wanting the same draconian laws, we have the NRA, GOA, and several other organizations helping us fight off the liberals, and anti's. I really feel for the people up their, and can't imagine their frustration, or disbelief dealing with that kinda cow pattie. Stay strong Canada.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns, in that case we would all probably be outlaws, as suggested by the registration numbers in Connecticut on Jan. 1, 2014. Just a thought.;)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
More statisticsless pander. I have never heard of any crimes in Canada involving high capacity firearms.
Tacky,
Look here about the ONE incident involving a Mini in Canada.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Lépine
Another gun on the list is the M305 which was involved in 2014 I think in eastern Canada. If my memory is correct, 3 police dead, 4-5 injured.

·
"The Real Deal"
8,116 Posts
Tacky,
Look here about the ONE incident involving a Mini in Canada.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Lépine
Another gun on the list is the M305 which was involved in 2014 I think in eastern Canada. If my memory is correct, 3 police dead, 4-5 injured.
Was the mini 14 used in the shooting in 1989 converted to full auto? I had never read of this incident, until now. Very disturbing, same as the ones committed here, disturbing. But the same basic fact remains, a firearm has no brain, no thought process, or no urge to do anything. The person does, fix the people, and not hide behind an excuse that an inanimate object is to blame. This incident was the one I was reffering to in California, they were Iillegally converted to full auto.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_Hollywood_shootout

I had never heard of the m305, here in the states its know as the m14, or m1a, i didn't kmow what you were referring too, then I looked it up, to my surprise i own 2 of them, both springfield armory m1a's. :D

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
From memory, no it was still a semi. But, liberals will be liberals and the mounties wants no civilians with guns period.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts