Ruger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen articles stating occasional difficulty in engaging the Mini-14 magazine. It's happened to me, too. What I found helpful, (as a right hand shooter), is to hold the rifle with my right hand, the rifle butt against my right hip, and the mag in my left hand. Rock the mag into the mag well as normal, and with my right hand index finger, push the mag release forward, (as if you were releasing the magazine). This forward motion on the mag release greatly helps the mag slide easily into the mag well. Practice, and make sure you're finger isn't in the trigger guard by accident. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Howdy from Ohio...good to have you in the house! Not sure this is the right place for this post...mods might want to move it so it gets the attention it deserves.

·
Registered
3,764 Posts
Welcome from Virginia. Enjoy the forum. I just use my right hand on the mag. Tilt and push it in. No problem. This is with a 20 round magazine. As long as you hear the clicks are is good to go. Just my experience. As long as it works for you and it fires Stay with your system. The mini is a great gun.

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
Never had a problem with my Mini-14 181 using the 5 round mag, or the 30 round mags once I got used to it. Now I've got some 20 round mags on order and as soon as they get here I'll know if they work like the others.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts