Ruger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought home a new Mini 14 tactical with the 20 round mag. I was planning on getting a 30 round mag also. I was wondering if tbere are any loaders to help load all of the rounds into the mags. I use them on my pistol mags which help save your fingers.

·
Registered
155 Posts
just google mini-14 mag loader, for pete's sake.

·
Registered
3,505 Posts
I wouldn't bother unless you're going for competition shoots. The Mini mags are much easier to load than pistols.jmho

·
Registered
827 Posts
While I use an UpLula loader on pistol mags, there really is no need of any device for a mini-14 mag. They are, well, a snap to load (you can load a mini-14 20 rounder in seconds, just popping the rounds in as fast as your fingers can push slightly down).

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
You can use stripper clips but it takes longer to load them than it does to load the magazines themselfs. I still have a few hundred rounds on stripper clips and the magazine then can be loaded superfast.

·
Registered
416 Posts
While I use an UpLula loader on pistol mags, there really is no need of any device for a mini-14 mag. They are, well, a snap to load (you can load a mini-14 20 rounder in seconds, just popping the rounds in as fast as your fingers can push slightly down).
Agreed. By the time it takes to place the loader onto a mag, I can have a 20 round mag loaded. Waste of money ...

·
Registered
300 Posts
I like the Strip Lula, easy on the fingers and fun to use. Probably not a lot faster, but no pain to use.

·
Registered
313 Posts
I like the Strip Lula, easy on the fingers and fun to use. Probably not a lot faster, but no pain to use.
Ditto, although I use the 10 round magazine the most. It takes me less than 30 seconds to remove mag, load mag, and re insert the mag and start shooting again. The Strip Lula does the job, and no.. you don't need the strips to use it.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts